Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3.2 Third Impression coming from Robert Berry

Another song from the new album:

Very nice, I like it.

kind of reminds me of Saga with the guitars and keys

I spoke with Robert Berry about his upcoming 3.2 album "Third Impression," and other topics for the latest Michael's Record Collection newsletter (full interview video linked in story):
    https://michaellikestowrite.substack...s-new-32-album

If you like it, please feel free to sign up for a free email subscription here: https://michaellikestowrite.substack.com/
    Publisher of Michael's Record Collection e-newsletter. Sign up for free at: https://michaelsrecordcollection.substack.com/
    Stories, video, and podcasts at: www.michaelsrecordcollection.com

I like the 3.2 stuff better than the original 3 album which was a big disappointment after ELPowell

Have been playing this non-stop since I received it last Friday. Great melodies and song arrangements. I also love Robert Berty's voice. Really impressed!

I didn't realize that this was released on the 12th. I just bought it from iTunes. I'm liking the first song!

I recently purchased the other 3 live release, "Rockin the Ritz". This was broadcast on WNEW. It's a lot cleaner than the earlier 3 live release, "Live Boston '88", which has a lot of crowd noise, including one guy who shouts "F*ck Yeah" every few minutes. The Ritz show is much tighter than the Boston show.
    Last edited by jefftiger; 02-16-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Just listened to this today. I think I like this better than The Rules Have Changed, but maybe I'm just ready for this now. Berry's musicianship is crazily impressive; he gets the Emerson 80s sound down (though not so much the organ stuff) and the songs are catchy and powerful.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I didn't realize that this was released on the 12th. I just bought it from iTunes. I'm liking the first song!

I recently purchased the other 3 live release, "Rockin the Ritz". This was broadcast on WNEW. It's a lot cleaner than the earlier 3 live release, "Live Boston '88", which has a lot of crowd noise, including one guy who shouts "F*ck Yeah" every few minutes. The Ritz show is much tighter than the Boston show.
    I have a cassette I taped off WNEW of that...would be interested in that release.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I have a cassette I taped off WNEW of that...would be interested in that release.

I did the same thing. I should look into this release.

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    I did the same thing. I should look into this release.
    Yes, it's nice to have. I also did the same thing, especially being that I was in attendance at The Sundance on Long Island, NY, on 4/8/1988, six days prior for their Ritz show. I had to be home for The Ritz show so that I could tape it to enjoy after that. I still have the actual working copy of that show on cassette, by the way.

As a stroke of luck would have it, someone has recently posted a soundboard copy of that complete Sundance show. I just wonder why he/she waited so long in doing so (maybe the soundman or a friend of the soundman). At the time, I was just getting over tonsillitis, and the 3 performance was just what was needed.

Anyway, here is the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...M1SZg1RTDyl2i0

Enjoy!

Ed
    ---------------
    www.myriadtrio.com
    www.facebook.com/MyriadtrioNY

Quote Originally Posted by Myried View Post
    Yes, it's nice to have. I also did the same thing, especially being that I was in attendance at The Sundance on Long Island, NY, on 4/8/1988, six days prior for their Ritz show. I had to be home for The Ritz show so that I could tape it to enjoy after that. I still have the actual working copy of that show on cassette, by the way.

As a stroke of luck would have it, someone has recently posted a soundboard copy of that complete Sundance show. I just wonder why he/she waited so long in doing so (maybe the soundman or a friend of the soundman). At the time, I was just getting over tonsillitis, and the 3 performance was just what was needed.

Anyway, here is the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...M1SZg1RTDyl2i0

Enjoy!

Ed
    ---------------
    www.myriadtrio.com
    Frank Cariola’s Sundance. I was there. Recorded the show. Still have the masters. If I recall that was the show where a black rap comedy opened up. They got pelted off the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Frank Cariola’s Sundance. I was there. Recorded the show. Still have the masters. If I recall that was the show where a black rap comedy opened up. They got pelted off the stage.
    Correct, Ken! Not sure as to who had that bright idea!

Ed
    -------------
    www.myriadtrio.com

Hey Ken,

Will you be getting more copies of the 3.2 Third Impression CD back in stock soon? Also, will you be getting the Keith Emerson Tribute DVD/CD set in next month?

Ed
    -------------
    www.myriadtrio.com

Hey Ken,

Will you be getting more copies of the 3.2 Third Impression CD back in stock soon? Also, will you be getting the Keith Emerson Tribute DVD/CD set in next month?

Ed
    -------------
    www.myriadtrio.com
    Both are on order.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    Very nice, I like it.
    Yes, so do I. I will buy album to support the artist, even if I can hear it on Amazon music without buying.

This new 3.2 CD follows in the footsteps of its predecessor "The rules have changed". Vocals are still very robust and in sync with the bombastic keyboard sound that Robert uses so methodically and is clearly the Keith Emerson legacy he honors so well.
    I was fortunate to see Robert Berry Live at the previous (hopefully not last) Progstock with his 3.2 band that not only performed material from 3, but also ELP and his solo material. 3rd Impression - Highly recommended.
    I may be older but, I saw live: Led Zeppelin, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Fish, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Marillion, IQ, UK, Saga, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Triumph, Magma, Goblin, Porcupine Tree, The Musical Box, Uriah Heep, Dio, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Queen with Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood, Steely Dan, Dream theater, Joe Satriani, you get the idea..

Enjoy!

Ed
    ---------------
    www.myriadtrio.com

Thanks! I'll have to dig into this. Still have The Ritz cassette myself. Seems odd that it would surface recently after all this time, but that's pretty cool that it has.

Correct, Ken! Not sure as to who had that bright idea!

Ed
    -------------
    www.myriadtrio.com
    Who thought that was a good idea?

I guess Frank Cariola. I recall the DJ Johnny Fingers screaming at the audience over the PA.

Saw one other show at Sundance. Rick Wakeman with John Ford opening up. Excellent show. Made a nice recording of that one as well.

That is the question. People around me, where I was standing inside The Sundance, were completely confused with this opening act. We all thought it was a total joke.

Ed
    -------------
    www.myriadtrio.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Just listened to this today. I think I like this better than The Rules Have Changed, but maybe I'm just ready for this now. Berry's musicianship is crazily impressive; he gets the Emerson 80s sound down (though not so much the organ stuff) and the songs are catchy and powerful.
    I just listened to my copy yesterday. Robert does not fail to impress! This album has a harder edge than the last album with guitar coming more to the front. He's got Emerson's sensibilities down, always respectfully. A hallmark of this album and the last is that the songs take unexpected twists and turns (not so much on the first album, except for maybe Desde La Vida), but it all flows and doesn't feel forced.

This looks like the last 3.2 project, but I look forward to more original music from Robert.
    -noisynoise
    www.polarizedguru.com - 5-piece jazz fusion group
    www.incandescentsky.com - inventive improvisational instrumental ensemble

The eons are closing
    ok - btwn talk of The Ritz show and this thread, gonna hafta get em

Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit