Thread: RIP Chuck Yeager

RIP Chuck Yeager

Made it to 97! Well done Chuck!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Yeager

Back when we aspired to really "Be Great!"
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    An American Hero!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Almost the last of the era when there were real men and heroes out there. The muliple massive things that this man attempted and accomplished, pushing the limits of what was thought possible and signing up for the next "mission". A true man's man and American and world hero.

RIP to a man with nerves of steel and balls of brass.

As Tom Wolfe described the chase to break the barrier: There was a demon that lived in the air. They said whoever challenged him would die. Their controls would freeze up, their planes would buffet wildly, and they would disintegrate. The demon lived at Mach 1 on the meter, 750 miles an hour, where the air could no longer move out of the way. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass. They called it: The sound barrier. Then, they built a small plane, the X1, to try and break the sound barrier. And men came to the High Desert in California to ride it. They were called test pilots. And no one knew their names.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    A man I have admired since childhood. Rest in peace, Legend.

One of the greats! RIP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk