Thread: New Polyethylene Pet/+1 "The Masks We Will Wear" out in December 11th, 2020

New Polyethylene Pet/+1 "The Masks We Will Wear" out in December 11th, 2020

Oh yay.

The new Polyethylene Pet/+1 joint comes out next Friday.

Yes, it's the one very few or none of you have heard about. Officially out on December 11th. We're excited about this, anyway

That day is B.Sue and my 38th anniversary together, btw. The album celebrates life in these unusual times. Hard to imagine a celebration but hey why not. Perhaps it's a mix of joyful sarcasm and hopeful sadness; or maybe a dance extravaganza; or maybe avant punk madness. Either way, click the link below and the cover splash image to listen to it early. Dance until your feet are bloody stumps 🙂

PP/+1 "The Masks We Will Wear"
    http://www.precognitiverecords.com/TheMasksWeWillWear

Be safe and stay sane everyone,

Kimara
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Good news. Thank you Kim.

And congratulations on 38 years together! That's a darn impressive accomplishment.

Congrats! I dig your piece for Babbitt. That is very cool and beautifully put together. Did you improvise the piano solo?

Quote Originally Posted by StarThrower View Post
    Congrats! I dig your piece for Babbitt. That is very cool and beautifully put together. Did you improvise the piano solo?
    Yeah. Bop Science is a structured serial improv piece culled from my 2nd Piano Sonata ("Commentary and Variations"). It appears in a zillion different forms across the catalogue. You certainly have it on various of our albums over the years. This is the freer jazzier version of that form. I'm glad you like it. I was very pleased with the way it came out also.

Thanks everyone. We're both happy we've been able to produce music at all in these times - it's not been easy getting in the mood. B.Sue's "Find The Forest" project inspired me. It was hopeful and cathartic working with her on that. Of course, we did that in April before the full impact of everything was truly grokked. Still, completing that EP was very cool. I got pumped to put out one more full album for the year. This, the Find The Forest EP and Voodoo Ruins feel like real accomplishments given current circumstances. Usually we do try to put out 2 or three albums a year. So.... you know, YAY.

I wanted to release something which brings a little bit of cheer and hope into everyone's space. Dancing in the face of disaster, eh?

Peace ponies to one and all here. Thanks so much the lovely comments! They have made my day.

Here's to next year looking better and better as we dig our way out of 2020.

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing this music Kim. It's really nice!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Congrats Kim!

Another dream prog excursion!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Thanks Greg & Chris. I'm so glad you're enjoying it

Dream prog, i like it.
    Last edited by Polypet; 12-17-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Oh yeah, that's right - i forgot! It officially comes out tomorrow.

So one will see details and stream links there on our website automagically in the morning.

FWIW, IYGMD, ASOASOASO, etc, yada squonk.

Later, and again thank you all for listening

Stay safe and all that jizzle. Keep your eyes on the long stretch, eh? Right.

Poof,

K

It's a great recording Kim. You should be very proud!
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

I am very tickled by how well it came out and how cheerful and accessible it feels as a whole. Very surprised given my moods of late

Seriously though, thanks Dean and everyone for the kind words. I'm happy to know you're digging our strange little offerring

K

Loving the Three American Miniatures. Did you write them?

Yeah. It was a small chamber piece i wrote for a dear friend over a decade ago now. Lovingly performed and recorded by our good friend Matt Baber somewhat recently

Matt's a great player.

Yes, isn't that a brilliant performance? He is quite gifted, imho. I'm glad you like it. I think the sequence into and out of that is one of my favourite +1 station breaks.

The piece was originally titled "Three Miniatures (for Harry Zola)". But in the spirit of the times and the album, they became American

Needless to say, i wrote everything on the album, with the exception of "Richard Wileman" which i created with Sir Richard Wileman from a guitar piece he wrote. I decorated and orchestrated it with manipulated tapes in real time. The rest of the album is all my doing, with the conceptual assistance of my partner B.Sue on the album as a whole.

K
    Last edited by Polypet; 12-17-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Kim, my computer will not play previews or any sounds :-( so i just ordered this based on prior stuff and comments above, looking forward to actually listening. Greg

Say what?!?!? Your computer won't play sounds? Ugh! That's just not right, brother.

Well, worry not - your CDs (that's right, CDs plural. You know the drill) are on their way. They are going in the mail today.

I've included "Dark Ceremony" as the bonus CD, this time around. I hope you dig it, as it were

As for your computer, that is a mega drag. I do hope you're able to get that fixed sooner than later, eh?

On the off-chance this works better for you, here is a link to the album on Soundcloud.

Here is this set of things on Soundcloud you can listen to and possibly even enjoy, if the computer cooperates. Others might find these links useful also, i suppose.

Peace and all versions of joy to one and all here,

Kim

https://soundcloud.com/polyethylene-pet-1/sets

Kim,
    Mute computer does suck, but looking forward to new music (and old tunes new to me).
    Thanks!

A sneak preview of our upcoming summer release for those who might be interested... the whole album is here, so let it play on.

Kimara Sajn - Ghosts At Play

Last edited by Polypet; 04-21-2021 at 01:14 PM.

My Oh My that's good! Very organic. Lots going on there making for a great sonic experience. It's hard to tell the instrumentation sometimes so it really makes you listen. Then there's the obvious "Polypet" chord types, which I love.

This is great. Period. Thanks Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Watson View Post
    My Oh My that's good! Very organic. Lots going on there making for a great sonic experience. It's hard to tell the instrumentation sometimes so it really makes you listen. Then there's the obvious "Polypet" chord types, which I love.

This is great. Period. Thanks Kim.
    Oh wow, thanks Dean. I'm so glad you're liking it