Join Us!
    NewEARS Prog Show
    Saturday's from 2pm to 4pm and
    Sunday's from 7pm to 9pm EST
    on Delicious Agony
    deliciousagony.com
    ENTER the LOBE!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Hi Greg - No date yet, but it's coming for sure!

Was High Street released on vinyl?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Was High Street released on vinyl?
    Nope..., but maybe

That's great - it's so hip to have your tunes on vinyl, right? You still hittin vinyl like you were? I'm fully immersed and loving it but still do mostly cds of course, so effin pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Nope..., but maybe
    Hard thing to do isn't it? With the title track so long would it be split between two sides? 30 minutes on one side is pushing limits. Or am I thinking to much in 70's terms. I have some classical records that push 30 minutes on a side but that's classical music which doesn't need the big bass sound. Of course then there's Todd.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Hard thing to do isn't it? With the title track so long would it be split between two sides? 30 minutes on one side is pushing limits. Or am I thinking to much in 70's terms. I have some classical records that push 30 minutes on a side but that's classical music which doesn't need the big bass sound. Of course then there's Todd.

Rick
    True, too long.

A nice review from from https://garyhillauthor.com/Music-Str...R8CTKFCY4H_Xio

This album is an instrumental set. This quartet hails from Connecticut and create a brand of music that has plenty of fusion built into it, but also plenty of hard rock, pure prog, space rock and more. It's an intriguing blend and an album that manages to be effective all the way through. It never feels tired or redundant, either.
    This review is available in book (paperback and hardcover) form in Music Street Journal: 2021 Volume 1. More information and purchase links can be found at: garyhillauthor.com/Music-Street-Journal-2021.
    Track by Track Review
    Silver Bitches
    The sounds of a horse bring this into being. There is a spoken, processed voice that reminds me a bit of something Rush might have done in the classic era. An electric guitar rises up to bring this in with a classy riff-driven movement. Keyboards join after a time, and as this song pounds forward and works through changes I'm reminded of Rush and Deep Purple along with other acts to a large degree. A dropped back section brings a bit of a space-meets-fusion vibe. It also features some killer keyboard work. I also love the keyboard dominated movements later. The guitar has some particularly meaty jamming along the road, too. There is a killer section later in the track that makes me think of Dream Theater a little. That peaks, and then we're taken into a mellower movement from there. As this grows upward a little it takes on both King Crimson-like tendencies and hints of fusion. That segment eventually ends the track. At over nine-minutes of music, this is rather epic size, but it's also epic in scope.
    Junk Fish
    This starts fast-paced and tastefully quirky. It drives outward with a lot of style and charm from there. There is plenty of fusion in the mix here, but I can make out hints of Frank Zappa in some ways. They take this through a lot of twists and turns along this musical journey.
    Travelogue
    Some cool bass work makes up the starting point on this number. As it begins to get more layers of sound added to it, there are some sound-bites of voices saying things I can make out. The cut works to some smoking hot fusion meets King Crimson jamming from there. This has some particularly classy jamming that at times makes me think of the Doors a bit as it gets into the final passage of the piece.
    Afternoon T
    The opening movement of this is a bit restrained, but very fusion-like. This builds outward into some rather pure fusion. As the changes ensue the cut wanders into more pure progressive rock zones at times. There are some killer synthesizer jams that come over the top at times. There is a peak hit late in the track. That gives way to a mellower section that eventually takes this to its end.
    Surging Valente
    Here we get a fiery jam that combines instrumental fusion and progressive rock in fine fashion. I really love some of the keyboard work on this number, but everything about the piece screams "class."
    Cuchifrita's Ballet Lesson
    I particularly enjoy some of the bass work on the first part of this number. That part of tune is more pure fusion jamming. It some nice changes that bring some cool variety and dynamic range. A King Crimson like movement comes in later with a circulation kind of sound. The piece keeps evolving and growing as it makes its way forward. There is some smoking hot piano work in a mellower movement later. The bass gets a chance to show off again as they come out of that portion of the piece.
    American Wood
    I dig the dramatic fusion-styled jamming that brings this piece into being. There are some killer twists as it keeps growing. A mellower movement later has some strange laughter built into it. The cut seems to descend into madness for a time during that movement. It has a real trippy, psychedelia turned jazzy approach. There is a drop-back to a keyboard dominated section that gets a bit Doors-like after the three-and-a-half-minute mark. They play with that movement a little bringing some different textures and layers over the top, including some killer guitar work. There is an inspired synthesizer jam further down the road as the song is powered back up to some degree. They continue shaping and rearranging the sonic zones until it is done. Over ten-minutes long, this is the epic of the set.

The NEARFEST set was never released was it?

The NEARFEST set was never released was it?
    No, but we have our Progday set coming soon as a download

What year was that recorded?

What year was that recorded?
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    No, but we have our Progday set coming soon as a download
    Chris, send me a PM and we can talk about getting you your NEARfest set!
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Chris, send me a PM and we can talk about getting you your NEARfest set!
    Wooooo hoooooo!

Oooooo Yeah!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Just wondering if there are any updates on a digital download for this? I would have ordered the CD by now, but alas, living in Canada, that would cost me $30! Postage and exchange rates, and all that fun stuff.

neil

A nice review from from https://garyhillauthor.com/Music-Str...R8CTKFCY4H_Xio

This album is an instrumental set. This quartet hails from Connecticut and create a brand of music that has plenty of fusion built into it, but also plenty of hard rock, pure prog, space rock and more. It's an intriguing blend and an album that manages to be effective all the way through. It never feels tired or redundant, either.
    This review is available in book (paperback and hardcover) form in Music Street Journal: 2021 Volume 1. More information and purchase links can be found at: garyhillauthor.com/Music-Street-Journal-2021.
    Track by Track Review
    Silver Bitches
    The sounds of a horse bring this into being. There is a spoken, processed voice that reminds me a bit of something Rush might have done in the classic era. An electric guitar rises up to bring this in with a classy riff-driven movement. Keyboards join after a time, and as this song pounds forward and works through changes I'm reminded of Rush and Deep Purple along with other acts to a large degree. A dropped back section brings a bit of a space-meets-fusion vibe. It also features some killer keyboard work. I also love the keyboard dominated movements later. The guitar has some particularly meaty jamming along the road, too. There is a killer section later in the track that makes me think of Dream Theater a little. That peaks, and then we're taken into a mellower movement from there. As this grows upward a little it takes on both King Crimson-like tendencies and hints of fusion. That segment eventually ends the track. At over nine-minutes of music, this is rather epic size, but it's also epic in scope.
    Junk Fish
    This starts fast-paced and tastefully quirky. It drives outward with a lot of style and charm from there. There is plenty of fusion in the mix here, but I can make out hints of Frank Zappa in some ways. They take this through a lot of twists and turns along this musical journey.
    Travelogue
    Some cool bass work makes up the starting point on this number. As it begins to get more layers of sound added to it, there are some sound-bites of voices saying things I can make out. The cut works to some smoking hot fusion meets King Crimson jamming from there. This has some particularly classy jamming that at times makes me think of the Doors a bit as it gets into the final passage of the piece.
    Afternoon T
    The opening movement of this is a bit restrained, but very fusion-like. This builds outward into some rather pure fusion. As the changes ensue the cut wanders into more pure progressive rock zones at times. There are some killer synthesizer jams that come over the top at times. There is a peak hit late in the track. That gives way to a mellower section that eventually takes this to its end.
    Surging Valente
    Here we get a fiery jam that combines instrumental fusion and progressive rock in fine fashion. I really love some of the keyboard work on this number, but everything about the piece screams "class."
    Cuchifrita's Ballet Lesson
    I particularly enjoy some of the bass work on the first part of this number. That part of tune is more pure fusion jamming. It some nice changes that bring some cool variety and dynamic range. A King Crimson like movement comes in later with a circulation kind of sound. The piece keeps evolving and growing as it makes its way forward. There is some smoking hot piano work in a mellower movement later. The bass gets a chance to show off again as they come out of that portion of the piece.
    American Wood
    I dig the dramatic fusion-styled jamming that brings this piece into being. There are some killer twists as it keeps growing. A mellower movement later has some strange laughter built into it. The cut seems to descend into madness for a time during that movement. It has a real trippy, psychedelia turned jazzy approach. There is a drop-back to a keyboard dominated section that gets a bit Doors-like after the three-and-a-half-minute mark. They play with that movement a little bringing some different textures and layers over the top, including some killer guitar work. There is an inspired synthesizer jam further down the road as the song is powered back up to some degree. They continue shaping and rearranging the sonic zones until it is done. Over ten-minutes long, this is the epic of the set.
    Great review, man
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Nice review by Mark Hughes from the Dutch prog-site dprp

http://dprp.net/reviews/2021-025

Most excellent
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Sitting out in the sun giving this album a spin. It’s been a while since the initial flurry of listens, and it’s gelling nicely!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Still waiting on a download option
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Thx Pete!

[QUOTE=gflorio;1022853]
    Finally....

Our new release, Travelogue, is now available...

A vinyl release of Travelogue is also scheduled for 2021.

Chris,
    Do you have a date/method to order the vinyl yet?
    Also, do you plan to have a download code with the vinyl?
    (At home I prefer to play vinyl, but in car & office I still use an ipod - i'll wait & order the vinyl if it'll have download, if not then the CD will do fine.)
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Chris,
    any update on vinyl Travelogue? or D/Ls of Progday & Nearfest shows?
    Greg

Finally!.., Digital downloads of Travelogue is available in high quality WAVE files at helmetofgnats1.bandcamp.com/album/travelogue-3