Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder- 2020 DVD/Blu Ray

Question: Did the cover of The Wall change after it's first printing? My memory tells me it changed from either black or blue lines on the wall. I've always thought this to be true but in reality it was probably just some fool who told me that BITD.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    You mean Eric Clapton and Tim Renwick (Tim, incidentally is one of only two musicians to tour with both Waters as a solo artist and the post-Waters Floyd, the other being Jon Carin...Tim was also apparently in the same scout troop, as a boy, as Syd Barrett!). Snowy didn't tour with Waters until 99 (though he was part of the Berlin performance of The Wall and the Walden Woods benefit in 90 or 91 or whenever it was).
    And once Clapton & Renwick half of the tour was gone, they were replaced by Faiweather-Low and Stapley - I wouldn't have remembered either if I han't bought the concert programme - which I hadn't when I saw them for the first gig in MLG with EC and TR. Actually for the first few years, I "remembered" (falsely) that it was White on first guitar.
    Mel Collins was still there with Waters, though for some reasons, I also "remembered" him touring with Gilmour's About Face tour (that featured Mick Ralphs.

If you don't remember too well the 80's, it's probably because you were toking or snorting too much. I sometimes wonder how I managed to get my Uni degree with an 80% average, given the bad drugs around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Question: Did the cover of The Wall change after it's first printing? My memory tells me it changed from either black or blue lines on the wall. I've always thought this to be true but in reality it was probably just some fool who told me that BITD.
    Indeed the mortar lines between the bricks were a +/- dark greyish blue (just checked my copy), and BTW, the title and album name came on a transparent sticker on the cellophane, which I didn't manage to pry loose without heavy damage to stick it on the cardboard cover.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    And once Clapton & Renwick half of the tour was gone, they were replaced by Faiweather-Low and Stapley - I wouldn't have remembered either if I han't bought the concert programme - which I hadn't when I saw them for the first gig in MLG with EC and TR. Actually for the first few years, I "remembered" (falsely) that it was White on first guitar.
    Mel Collins was still there with Waters, though for some reasons, I also "remembered" him touring with Gilmour's About Face tour (that featured Mick Ralphs.
    Gilmour had Raff Ravenscroft on sax, who had played on the Pros And Cons... album, but obviously, not the tour.
    If you don't remember too well the 80's, it's probably because you were toking or snorting too much. I sometimes wonder how I managed to get my Uni degree with an 80% average, given the bad drugs around.
    Mandela Effect. I remember a lot of stuff most people don't, probably because I can count all the times I've smoked pot on two hands (and prior to about two years ago, I could count them on one hand), and I don't really drink much (lately, not at all). But even then, there's a lot of things I remember incorrectly, e.g. the tracklist on Relics.

I saw RW's Pros and Cons tour with Clapton. The best sounding concert I was ever at. I was at the PF AMLOR tour twice. Once in a football stadium, which was amazing. Usually stadium shows aren't that great but that was. The other time was at the last of the five nights at the Coliseum that is used on DSOT.

Picked up the 2CDs as my for me from me Christmas gift. On the whole, I'm getting used to the sound. It is spectacular but the drums are quite different from the original. So happy for the full Comfortably Numb and the added songs, especially Welcome to the Machine.
    Last edited by Tangram; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:26 PM.

My Pink Floyd anecdote...

In 1994 when Floyd played a series of gigs at Londons Earls Court, I saw them twice but I was working for Ticket master at the time and I was asked if I would go to the venue and help at the ticket desk, as they were short staffed.

When I got there it was utter chaos...10 windows open for various things like collecting tickets, group bookings, guest ticket collections etc...but no indication if which window was foe which. So my first task was to go outside and do some crowd control and direct people to the correct window/queue. It was so chaotic that people were still queuing when the set was half way through.

Then when it was a bit quieter, I went inside the ticket desk and I was standing near tge guest window. There was a lady there whose job it was to hand out tickets to invited guests. A group of people came to the window, and I could see that they were accompanied by Stephen Hawking himself. Cool. But then the fun starts...

The promotions woman did not recognise him and could not find the tickets for them. His wife gave his name a few times, but the promotions lady kept mispronounced it as Hawkins. I kept trying to interject to help, but she did not seem to appreciate it.

Then she called someone else on the phone saying they had someone called Hawkins but she could not find their tickets. At that point the person on the phone obviously tried to explain who the guest was, and I swear to god the promotions lady, who could clearly see Stephen Hawking in front of her, shouted out to them " Excuse me...is one of you in a wheelchair?"

I had to walk away at that point...

Still...I did get to see the second half of the show for free.