Thread: Grumblewood - Stories Of Strangers

Grumblewood - Stories Of Strangers

I grabbed this disc on a blind whim while placing an order last week. New band out of New Zealand, I liked the name and artwork, and that's literally all I went on. Turned out to be a good call, it's a solid album of folky, trippy, prog rock with liberal flute and a jazzy element, particularly in the drum department. I really enjoyed it! Nice little booklet included as well.

https://grumblewood.bandcamp.com/tra...esque-postcard
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The cover shown on in the clip on their website looks like a dark version of A Trick Of The Tail.
    Nice.

Looks cool - thx man.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I detect some Tullage in the DNA.

One listen, and I like it! Thank much for sharing. Definitely a lot of Tull in the bloodstream on this one.

Banned
    Nice "whim" Progatron. Sounds quite promising and definitely something to pursue. Thanks for starting it off.

I liked this so much, I fired off a quick review just to give these guys a bit of support!

https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/grum...gravity-dream/
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***