Thread: New Sanguine Hum release available

New Sanguine Hum release available

Sanguine Hum's A Trace of Memory is now available... Hurray...
    Together with Field Music my favourite BritProg band of the current times.

I downloaded my copy earlier and wait for the CD to arrive. Only one play through but I like it very much, it’s certainly familiar Hum territory and fits alongside their other splendid releases.

Sweet! I forgot this one was coming out November. I'm gonna head on over to Bandcamp and order it I think.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Love the modern Canterbury sound of SH.

Listened to this one today, and it's very nice. Gonna take more spins to unravel it all of course. I love this band.

Old man of prog
    Listening to my bandcamp download now and while I'm digging it I'm very disappointed the file isn't 24bit. C'mon guys.

I thought that this was another really strong, tasteful and understated (but subtly impressive) release from the Hummers!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I thought that this was another really strong, tasteful and understated (but subtly impressive) release from the Hummers!
    I agree wholeheartedly. It's just a piece of pure joy. Masterful, subtle and simply fine. As is their way. Just beautiful and a grower too.

Excellent work, lads.

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Jumped on board!
    Of course, I bought all the previous albums. Just wish I had more time in my day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I couldn't have said it better, so I won't

I will say that these guys never fail to impress me, in the most non-excessive, yes, tastefully conceived and, yes, subtle way possible. One of mŷ absolute favourite groups of the new millennium. I only wish I could have reviewed it, but with the book still occupying all my time...sadly not possible, but hopefully next time!
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I will say that these guys never fail to impress me, in the most non-excessive, yes, tastefully conceived and, yes, subtle way possible.
    Subtlety is not in great supply in contemporary rock music. IMHO.

It's probably also not in great demand. At all. But that's another story for another thread.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

It's a very good record. Yes, subtle. I particularly enjoy the long piece The Yellow Ship.

Subtlety beckons and/or warrants even closer attention to detail. It's a kind of scrutiny which most "modern prog" artists arguably wouldn't pass, therefore they bypass attempts at subtlety altogether.

I really liked Sanguine Hum from the start, and I still listen with interest. Very much looking forward to the new one.

But for the 11th time; I'd love to have those three Antique EPs collected, as I never got around to the first one.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

But for the 11th time; I'd love to have those three Antique EPs collected, as I never got around to the first one.
    Me too - I only have #2 & #3...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

No matter how much I try Sanguine Hum leaves me quite cold. Too subtle for me then.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

The new album is definitely growing on me with each play. Lovely stuff.

Very enjoyable work. The vocals are quite nice and the entire feel of the album gets right to me melancholy leanings. Quite a beautiful work.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet