Thread: How to embed BANDCAMP Albums In Your PE Posts

How to embed BANDCAMP Albums In Your PE Posts

See below. You can now embed a Bandcamp album in your post. You can play it, and you can even buy it - directly from PE.

BUT -Bandcamp does not make it easy to do this.

Every Bandcamp album has a unique number, and you will not find it anywhere on the album's normal page. If there was an easy way to find the number, it would be easy to embed Bandcamp albums. But instead, you have to jump through hoops to find the number.

Here's how you find it:

- Go to Bandcamp, and bring up an album.

- Under the picture of the album cover, you'll see a link saying "Share / Embed". Click that.

- Now click "Embed this album"

- Select any of the options, then you'll see a text box containing code that looks something like this:

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=2628475075/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com/album/harvest-aorta">Harvest Aorta by Ephemeral Sun</a></iframe>

- The album number is in the code, where it says "album="... (see the bold text above).

- Back in PE: Either enter BC tags, or "Go Advanced" then click the BC tag, and insert that number - so it looks like this :
    [ BC]2628475075[ /BC ]
    (...without the spaces.)

Here - I'm doing it:

This is complicated. Because of my insane work schedule I will not have a lot of time to walk anyone through the process. If you can make it work - great. If not - read the instructions again and keep trying.

If you still don't manage - just post the link to a Bandcamp page in the same way you normally would.

Also note : If you click "Go Advanced" when entering a post, you'll see a Bandcamp logo on the toolbar - right next to the Soundcloud logo. Click that. It will insert 2 "BC" tags. Just insert the album's unique number between those tags, and you'll embed it - like the one above.

(Thanks to "Trane" for prompting me to do this )
    Last edited by Duncan Glenday; 11-17-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    That's the only way I can get it to work unless I hit Go Advanced.
    The advanced tags only show when you "go advanced"

On a more serious note - any special tags I create will only appear on the advanced toolbar. The non-advanced toolbar is not editable.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    What if the bandcamp site does not show the "share" link under the picture?
    Case in point:
    https://rainprogband.bandcamp.com/album/singularity

Found even what I think is the album ID ("album id 2560493122" through right clicking the image and command "inspect") and tried to embed it (just the number) but it would not work here. Either it was wrong ID or perhaps sharing of it is restricted?
    I'm sure someone will correct me - or -agree - but as I understand it, not all Bandcamp artists agree to allow their music be streamed. This album (Singularity by RAIN) is only available from Bandcamp as a CD.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I'm sure someone will correct me - or -agree - but as I understand it, not all Bandcamp artists agree to allow their music be streamed. This album (Singularity by RAIN) is only available from Bandcamp as a CD.
    Yes, I believe you are right. Should have noticed that they do not offer songs to listen there and instead direct people to You Tube. Anyway, good to know of such instances ... and to think I was so proud of my method for finding the album ID and you have not even noticed, bummer
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What if I want to embed a single? There’s no album number, just a track number. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What if I want to embed a single? There’s no album number, just a track number. Thx.
    Can be done, but iot's more complicated.

Eg : This album:

https://stevekatsikas.bandcamp.com/t...or-longer-days

I took one track:

First - click on the track you want to play.

Then follow the usual steps (i.e. click Share/Embed" etc.)

Now- insert the HTML code from the beginning of the album number, through to the end of the track number.

In this example - instead of just
    insert
    1621278328/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/track=1635621077
    Regards,

Duncan

I guess I wasn't clear, but the release is only one track, so there's no album number. There's just one track number.

Here's what I've got:

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 442px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/track=2439609805/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="https://aislinnlogan.bandcamp.com/track/never-stay-low">Never Stay Low by Aislinn Logan</a></iframe>
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-13-2021 at 04:54 PM.

I guess I wasn't clear, but the release is only one track, so there's no album number. There's just one track number.

Here's what I've got:

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 442px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/track=2439609805/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="https://aislinnlogan.bandcamp.com/track/never-stay-low">Never Stay Low by Aislinn Logan</a></iframe>
    Can you send me the URL for that album / track?
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Can you send me the URL for that album / track?
    Dude...it's in what I posted ^^ I just highlighted it for you.

I can make it work if I change the logic.

Specifically :

If everyone now enters "album=xxxxxxxx" instead of just xxxxxxxx - then entering "track=yyyyyyyy" would work. BUT - then all of the Bandcamp entries to date would stop working.

So sadly this rare outlier situation won't work.

If we find that there's a frequent request for one-track bandcamp posts, then I could make a [BC-TRACK] tag, or similar, which would work. I.e. [BC] for albums, and [BC-TRACK] for tracks.

Not sure if that's a frequent requirement, though.

We're PROG fans, and PROG goes by the whole album - not by the track!!!
    Regards,

Duncan

Is there the same issue with an entire album that’s only one track, like a Magma album that’s only one track?
    Depends on how Bandcamp sets it up.

Every album is supposed to have a number, and every track is supposed to have a number. If they get lazy and only put the track no. in the URL, we're SOL

If I fix it now, to ensure we all enter "album=xxxxxxxx" or "track=yyyyyyyy", then all previous SC posts will stop working
    Regards,

Duncan

I am "sticking" this thread again for a while, and I cleaned up much of it so just the main information is there for users.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.