Back in the days of PEv2, I used to start various jazz threads public and private to varying degrees of success. Jazz is a very large portion of my personal collection even though I really wasn't very into it before 2000. It took me years to catch up with the likes of labels like Blue Note, Impulse, and ECM.

What I'm most impressed about now however is how strong the current jazz scene is. Not unlike Progressive Rock, you have your old guard and a plethora of new material that tries to compete but most of it goes unnoticed. Regardless, it's there. And it's a great time to be a fan of jazz.

So let's start up a discussion with this in mind. Based on my previous experience, this could be a fruitful discussion as there are a lot of closet jazz fans here. But I've also seen things turn the other way. So I have two simple requests:

1) No jazz vs. prog labeling arguments

2) Keep this particular thread free of promotion (don't promote your album, reviews, etc.)

These two principles helped make the "Proggy Indie Recs" a success for several years.