Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Related Mandela Effect moments

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Wait, what - he didn't?
    I don't think we'll ever know. Even Ray Manzarek, the Doors' self-appointed spokesmouth after Jimbo's death, couldn't seem to keep his story straight. And there's home movie footage of the concert, no less, but it doesn't capture the crucial moment. One version of the story I've read is that Morrison just stuck his hand in his pants and poked his thumb out through the fly. I'd like to believe that--it was nothing but a childish joke that practically derailed the band's career.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I don't think we'll ever know. Even Ray Manzarek, the Doors' self-appointed spokesmouth after Jimbo's death, couldn't seem to keep his story straight. And there's home movie footage of the concert, no less, but it doesn't capture the crucial moment. One version of the story I've read is that Morrison just stuck his hand in his pants and poked his thumb out through the fly. I'd like to believe that--it was nothing but a childish joke that practically derailed the band's career.
    Remember Krieger saying that the actual arrest report or whatever you call it stipulated that Morrison had "performed fellatio on the guitarist" or something like that. Robby's like "I'm the guitarist in question, and I can assure you that never happened!". I think Morrison got railroaded by a bunch of small minded reactionaries who decided they were going to "make an example" of him.

On the other hand, it led to Frank Zappa having to find a way to allay suspicious that he and the Mothers might pull similar stunts onstage, hence:

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I can't find anything Manzarek has said other than "it didn't happen".