Thread: Battersea Power Station, London UK 10 November 2020

Battersea Power Station, London UK 10 November 2020

A building known to all on here as the cover for Pink Floyds Animals, I took a walk around it yesterday for the first time in years.

It seems to be undergoing a major refurbishment and plans now seem to be for a shopping mall/entertainment complex/apartments. I saw what looked like an ampitheatre being built on the lower level. Whether this will be for theatre or music is hard to tell.

Plus, there is a massive, massive amount of building work going on around the building...new offices, tower blocks, apartment complexes, shops, bars and restaurants.

I have uploaded some pics...

IMG-20201110-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20201110-WA0005.jpg

20201110_134544.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rogue Mail; 11-11-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    How cool is that.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Thanks for sharing. I really love the original PF cover, it still impresses me as it did when I first saw it as a child.
    Is the pig going to make a comeback ?

They will be flying the inflatable pig full time when renovations are complete.

Jon Neudorf
    That's so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I really love the original PF cover, it still impresses me as it did when I first saw it as a child.
    Is the pig going to make a comeback ?
    Its a shame that the album cover shot is a composite with the pig added afterwards. This is because when they did the actual photo shoot with the inflatable, it broke free of its moorings and drifted away. It was reported as a hazard to aircraft. Can you imagine the look on pilot and passengers faces when seeing a flying pig...?

Also, if you have seen the movie Children of Men with Clive Owen, they film a sequence near the power station, and tge director inserted a shot of the pig as a little homage...while In The Court Of The Crimson King played on the soundtrack.

They should make a Fiberglass Pig and mount it permanently to one of the Smokestacks. An inflatable would be too high maintenance. Also....internally lit would be pretty cool!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Thanks for that, very cool......
    Thinking is the best way to Travel....