Thread: Rick Wakeman’s “Return to the Centre of the Earth” Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Sets

Rick Wakeman’s “Return to the Centre of the Earth” Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Sets

Rick Wakeman’s “Return to the Centre of the Earth” Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Sets Available For Pre-order

Keyboard legend Rick Wakeman’s “Return to the Centre of the Earth” Deluxe and Super Deluxe box sets are now available for pre-order!

“Return to the Centre of the Earth” is a studio album released on March 15, 1999 on EMI Classics. The album is a sequel to Wakeman’s 1974 concept album “Journey to the Centre of the Earth”, itself based on the same-titled science fiction novel by Jules Verne. Wakeman wrote a new story of three unnamed travelers who attempt to follow the original journey two hundred years later, including the music which features guest performances from Ozzy Osbourne, Bonnie Tyler, Tony Mitchell, Trevor Rabin, Justin Hayward, and Katrina Leskanich. The story is narrated by Patrick Stewart. Upon release, the album reached number 34 on the UK Albums Chart.

“I AM IMMENSELY PROUD OF RETURN TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH, AS WHEN I LOOK BACK, IT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN ALMOST SUICIDAL TO HAVE RECORDED AND RELEASED IT WHEN PROG WAS AT SUCH A LOW STATUS, BUT THANKS TO RICHARD LYTTLETON, THE PRESIDENT OF EMI CLASSICS, WHO BELIEVED SO MUCH IN THE MUSIC, IT WAS RECORDED TO THE HIGHEST STANDARD POSSIBLE AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT WITHOUT HIM, THE MUSIC WOULD NOT EXIST TODAY.” - Rick Wakeman, UK 2020.

Details of what is in the boxes:

“Return to the Centre of the Earth” Deluxe:
    Signed and Numbered Certificate
    “Return to the Centre of the Earth” CD
    “Return to the Centre of the Earth” - LIVE double CD from Canadian performance where the narration is in french.
    CD of Radio Edits
    DVD of;
    surround sound mix and enhanced stereo by Simon Heyworth
    Approximately 80 minutes unseen footage filmed in the studio, at the album launch as well as featuring Rick includes Bonnie Tyler and Justin Heywood
    Reproduction Press Pack
    Reproduction Press Photo
    Reproduction ticket to the album launch
    2 x A3 Posters

To pre-order: https://www.rickwakemansmusicemporiu...deluxe-box-set

“Return to the Centre of the Earth” Super Deluxe:
    Signed and Numbered Certificate
    180 gram double vinyl album
    “Return to the Centre of the Earth” CD
    “Return to the Centre of the Earth” - LIVE double CD from Canadian performance where the narration is in french.
    CD of Radio Edits
    DVD of;
    surround sound mix and enhanced stereo by Simon Heyworth
    Approximately 80 minutes unseen footage filmed in the studio, at the album launch as well as featuring Rick includes Bonnie Tyler and Justin Heywood
    Reproduction Press Pack
    Reproduction Press Photo
    Reproduction ticket to the album launch
    2 x A3 Posters

To pre-order: https://www.rickwakemansmusicemporiu...deluxe-box-set

Watch the sneak preview of what fans can expect from episode one of Rick's Plaice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhaNXV4pLAQ

Rick Wakeman’s official website: www.rwcc.com

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, Billy James, PH: 1-828-350-8158 (US), glassonyonpr@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by gopr View Post
    I hear Heywood is quite the vocalist.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I have this on sweet vinyl. What I really need is the re-recorded "Arthur." Any chance Billy?

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I have this on sweet vinyl. What I really need is the re-recorded "Arthur." Any chance Billy?
    You're in luck! The re-recorded Arthur was just made available last week! I already ordered it.

https://www.rickwakemansmusicemporiu...1-49cea86fbd21

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Thanks for the heads up MItM! Ordered up!

To reuse a great quote from Spinal Tap, this release "fills a much-needed void."

Quote Originally Posted by profusion View Post
    To reuse a great quote from Spinal Tap, this release "fills a much-needed void."
    Hilarious! I had to read that three times before I figured out what was nonsensical about it

And nice to see the new Arthur is back in print. I managed to score a copy on the first go-round and I love it. Glad you guys could get it. Merry Xmas everyone!