Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33

Thread: Beat Club - Available on YouTube

  1. #26
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Yeah, even a previous girlfriend who loathed them, was impressed with this clip.
    So it was that Greg Lake treasure chest
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  2. #27
    The beauty of their early days were that they had to improvise much more extending the themes since they did not have too much music written by them to play. Even Keith needed at that time the piece of sheet paper music for the Bach part.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Deep Purple (apparently Ritchie must have been in a bad mood that day, because for the duration of his solo during Highway Star, he just makes a bunch of noise)
    I tried to find this but the first one I found has parts of the video combined with the audio from the studio version. It's kind of funny.



    Here is the video with the correct audio.


  4. #29
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    The beauty of their early days were that they had to improvise much more extending the themes since they did not have too much music written by them to play. Even Keith needed at that time the piece of sheet paper music for the Bach part.
    Oh yeh, this one is awesome:
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  5. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,296
    A fair amount of these performances came out on DVD in the UK, such as these (though some of the later 70s/80s performances are mimed again, as far as I remember):

    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Let-...master/1371257
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Let-...master/1711822

    The 'Take A Pebble' performance was on that ELP DVD, Beyond The Beginning.

  6. #31
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    A fair amount of these performances came out on DVD in the UK, such as these (though some of the later 70s/80s performances are mimed again, as far as I remember):

    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Let-...master/1371257
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Let-...master/1711822

    The 'Take A Pebble' performance was on that ELP DVD, Beyond The Beginning.
    That doesnít necessarily say what the quality is relative to these, of the audio and video. These are quite good for video of those times. Of course there are films from which better quality can be achieved.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  7. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,296
    Yeah you've lost me as usual. I said nothing about 'quality' either way, just literally that some of this is on DVD.

  8. #33
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Yeah you've lost me as usual. I said nothing about 'quality' either way, just literally that some of this is on DVD.
    Just hoping for an opinion on whether these sources are different from the easy to get Youtube sources.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •