Thread: ProgStock Presents Moogvember

ProgStock Presents Moogvember

Several great shows every Saturday in November benefiting the Bob Moog Foundation including Larry Fast with Erik Norlander, Herd of Instinct, Rachel Flowers, Jordan Rudess, Ryo Okumoto and more!

I really enjoyed the ProgDay shows so I'm definitely checking these out!

https://www.stageit.com/ProgStock

Joining Ryo for this special Moogvember performance will be:
    Matt Dorsey (Sound Of Contact, Dave Kerzner, In Continuum) on bass, guitar and lead vocals
    Jonathan Mover (Steve Hackett, GTR, Joe Satriani) on drums
    Erik Madsen (Jamie Foxx, Trueschool All Stars) on guitar
    Keiko Okumoto on lead vocals

The live set will feature covers of songs from marquee artists including King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Genesis, UK and Spock’s Beard

For me a couple of those events are of interest. Ryo Okumoto band and Jordan Rudess shows look awesome.

But the one with Larry Fast and Erik Norlander is just a plain interview, not a performance? That is a missed opportunity.

I have attended the last two Progstock festivals and noticed that Moog had a significant presence there. These events now validate that presence in a nice way.
    I may be older but, I saw live: Led Zeppelin, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Fish, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Marillion, IQ, UK, Saga, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Triumph, Magma, Goblin, Porcupine Tree, The Musical Box, Uriah Heep, Dio, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Queen with Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood, Steely Dan, Dream theater, Joe Satriani, you get the idea..

Rachel Flowers

Moog it on over!

This video is from Rachel Flowers' last Moogvember event where she was playing her original compositions. She had only a few minutes left in her live stream and realized none of her songs would fit in the time remaining. Rachel decided to fill the time with a few covers. Sort of a preview of her next event. She plays some Dave Brubeck going into ELP to David Bowie/Mike Garson and then some Rick Wakeman.

Her next event, November 28, will be prog and rock covers that inspired Rachel. Reasonable requests will be considered. Maybe even some unreasonable requests!

Edit: Noticed the video does not play correctly. If you click on fullscreen you will be able to see it.
    Last edited by rminsk; 11-17-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Streamed the Jordan Rudess show last Saturday (2nd show) and really enjoyed it.

Jordan was highly inspired and his original material was of excellent quality. We all had a great time listening to great moog sonic sounds and while sending friendly chat comments.

Looking forward to the last Moogvember event double bill: Rachel Flowers and later Tom Brislin, can't wait!
    Last edited by Rajaz; 11-23-2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    But the one with Larry Fast and Erik Norlander is just a plain interview, not a performance? That is a missed opportunity.
    Aw, man...that woulda been kerr-azy!

We are incredibly grateful that ProgStock gathered these great musicians for Moogvember. It's been wonderful so far, and we're really looking forward to this Saturday's lineup (Nov 28th). - Paul & Dvora