Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Sean Connery dead at 90

Besides Thunderball and Zardoz, my other favorite Connery picture is Outland, a really good sci-fi picture set in a mining community on one of Jupiter's moons.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Besides Thunderball and Zardoz, my other favorite Connery picture is Outland, a really good sci-fi picture set in a mining community on one of Jupiter's moons.
    Outland was a great film. Wanted to mention it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Outland was a great film. Wanted to mention it. Thank you.
    OMG! How did I forget this!?!?!? Amazing film, a favorite of mine! Where was my head? I need to get this on DVD! Good call guys!

Bill

Lots of great movies. I have seen a number of them, but far less than half.
    Sean Connery imdb filmography
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

Cool guy who somewhat quietly left an impressive body of work...

Gotta see The Name of the Rose again (it's been years...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Cool guy who somewhat quietly left an impressive body of work...

Gotta see The Name of the Rose again (it's been years...)
    Dang......Why is The Name Of The Rose so hard to find? And it's at stupidly high prices on the secondary market. Always enjoyed that movie.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

T\You know what i forgot? Time Bandits! He was King Agamemnon! And I remember seeing a program where I think Terry Gilliam it was, who said that in the script, where Agamemnon takes off his helmet, it actually says, "The warrior took off his helmet, revealing Sean Connery, or an actor of equal but cheaper stature". They wanted Connery for the role, but they didn't they'd ever be able to get him. But somehow, Sean got the script, took an interest, and boom, he was in the movie.

It was essentially a remake of High Noon.

I saw Goldfinger last night, still a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I saw Goldfinger last night, still a classic.
    Bond "Do you expect me to talk ? "
    Goldfinger " No Mr Bond , I expect you to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    It was essentially a remake of High Noon.
    A damn entertaining remake!

When I was a youngster in the 60s, my parents forbid us from seeing those Bond movies. Apparently they thought his promiscuity was not the stuff role models were made of. My first taste of Bond was the campy Moore films. But I eventually caught up with Connery's Bond films. And yeah, he was the personification of cool and cold. I love Craig as Bond but his interpretation is more temperamental, runs a little hotter. But as noted in this thread, he did far more than just Bond. There were just so many iconic roles in a very long career that my favorite changes every day. But today, it's the Scottish captain of a Russian submarine. "Give me a ping, Vassily. One ping only please."
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart