Thread: Ryo Okumoto's new gig

Ryo Okumoto's new gig

Ok, after what I saw last night I had to de-lurk and post something here. Last night I was watching episode one of The Eric Andre Show, season 5. It's a love or hate it Adult Swim affair (I'm in the former) that loosely parodies a public access cable talk show. There is a house band. For season 5 there is a completely new band and wouldn't you know it during the show opening my jaw hit the floor as sure enough, there's Ryo! Shaking some maracas just before having his head squashed Troma style. It was f'ing amazing!

So as these shows were taped pre-pandemic, I'm wondering if anyone here has any info as to how he ended up on the show or if he's even still involved. My googling last night didn't turn up any info. As an old Beard groupy, I'd love to know the dirt if anyone here has it.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Link?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

You can catch a glimpse of Ryo in the first few seconds of this clip from that episode:

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Thanks!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Movin' on up!

Ok here I found the actual show opening which as tradition has it always involves Eric trashing the set and in this case, Ryo's head.

I do not believe Ryo is "rock & roll" anymore but rather, Ryo is "death metal"?

Damn, that's cool. That show is so frakking crazy and to see Ryo there, well, it fits. Ryo is Rock n Roll Death Metal for sure.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Movin' on up!

Interesting to see his name come up at this time. Xerf Xpec just made one of his classic albums available:

"Everyone is complacent. The only time they ever speak up is to shame you for not being as complacent as them." - Adam Robillard, YouTube

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Is that really his new band though? It seems a bit odd that whole band would be Asian, though. Not impossible of course, but I'm wondering if the whole thing was a one off? I guess, though, that it would be equally odd to have that whole band just for a one off.

It's a very funny show, BTW, my son was really into it for a while and I saw a few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Is that really his new band though? It seems a bit odd that whole band would be Asian, though. Not impossible of course, but I'm wondering if the whole thing was a one off? I guess, though, that it would be equally odd to have that whole band just for a one off.

It's a very funny show, BTW, my son was really into it for a while and I saw a few episodes.
    It is for this season at least.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno