Thread: Nothing else matters: Miley Cyrus is making a Metallica tribute album

Nothing else matters: Miley Cyrus is making a Metallica tribute album

https://news.yahoo.com/nothing-else-...180012758.html

Not a joke, she's really doing this. She's been known for doing Nothing Else Matters(possibly the worst song they ever did, but that's just my opinion) so I guess more power to her. Wonder what it will sound like and what songs she decides to cover. Love to see her tackle some of the crazy stuff from AJFA.

Miley Cyrus continues to bring her own spin to some of the biggest rock hits including songs by Blondie, the Cranberries, and Pearl Jam.

But Cyrus is so serious about one legendary heavy metal band that she's recording an entire album dedicated to their discography. The former Hannah Montana star confirmed she's currently working on a Metallica tribute album, but did not reveal which songs will be included.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Can't wait to hear her take on "Fight Fire With Fire."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Nothing Else Matters(possibly the worst song they ever did, but that's just my opinion)
    I can't help but think you haven't heard the St. Anger and Lulu albums.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

If she cover anything off Justice, I wonder if they'll mix out the bass and dry up the guitars?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Actually, I haven't heard Lulu, it's reputation is well known so why bother. St. Anger wasn't awful but it wasn't good either. They tried to go back and do something they weren't capable of, sad, like Mindcrime 2, just unlistenable.

Still think NEM is totally boring and sucks gonads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    If she cover anything off Justice, I wonder if they'll mix out the bass and dry up the guitars?
    Can't expect anything less. It just has to be that way.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    St. Anger is great.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    St. Anger is great.
    cd2.jpg
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***