Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bandcamp Questions

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Bandcamp Questions

I just submitted a couple of questions to Bandcamp’s tech support, and I thought I’d ask them here to, both to see if others have the same issue or requests.

STEVE F. - The first one relates directly to your weekend specials, so maybe you have an answer, or would just like to be aware that this is an issue:

Here’s my situation:

I have a number of albums in my cart and I’m waiting until Bandcamp Friday (next week) to buy them.

Meanwhile, a label has a discount code to save $5.00, and it’s only valid this weekend.

How can I buy that one album using the discount code WITHOUT then buying the other albums in my cart, and without the other items in my cart being deleted if I skip them? There’s no option to skip buying an item but have it remain in my cart.

————————————

Then I made this request, which I’m sure they’ll say No to:

One quicker question: would it be possible to give fans the ability to create “folders” for storing our collections so that we can organize our collections? Even just a few folders would be a huge help.

why don't you just delete all those items in your cart, use the $5.00 discount code for today's purchase.
    Then start a new cart for next week.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    why don't you just delete all those items in your cart, use the $5.00 discount code for today's purchase.
    But, then there's no PE thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    There are like ten items in my cart, so that’s kind of a nuisance. This is really just the current example. This comes up fairly often so I’d like to know if there’s something I’m missing, and if not to point out to them that they might want to address this.

This has to be the epitome of "First World Problems."

It is beyond the realm of human endeavor. Can't be done. You are doomed.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Sigh...

I don’t think that this is an issue.

YMMV.

IMO.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Sigh...

I don’t think that this is an issue.

YMMV.

IMO.
    You’re absolutely right - I can easily live without the Hugh Hopper album.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    F U

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Seriously?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

If u have snag it or similar on your laptop u could take a picture of what is in your basket, or write it down on a piece of paper, I generally keep a list of what I plan to buy.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

You can use a different browser, with its own cookies to buy just the one album, while preserving the cart in your main browser.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    My Bandcamp First World Problems are that I like to use it on my tablet that's sitting on my kitchen table, but the android app assumes that you have a phone, and won't work in landscape mode, and I also like to use it with my phone w/ a bluetooth speaker when I'm outside doing chores, but the app doesn't seem to have any way to queue up more than 1 album, so I either use the browser interface, or download the files to my NAS and play them with VLC, giving up the otherwise nice Bandcamp interface.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    F U
    I'd have thought a smiley would have worked, but I suppose a lot of people are cranky these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I'd have thought a smiley would have worked, but I suppose a lot of people are cranky these days.
    We're in tough times. I see it in others and myself.

F U
    Sorry, Bruce, I shouldn’t have gotten quite so bent out of shape.

The rest of you snark-wads can stuff it though! I might joke around a lot, but I don’t do it at other people’s expense.

The rest of you snark-wads can stuff it though!
    Sideways, or portrait mode?

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    If u have snag it or similar on your laptop u could take a picture of what is in your basket, or write it down on a piece of paper, I generally keep a list of what I plan to buy.
    That's what I use their "wish list" for. I never put stuff in the cart until I'm ready to buy it. OTOH, I have 64 albums sitting in my wish list!

Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    That's what I use their "wish list" for. I never put stuff in the cart until I'm ready to buy it. OTOH, I have 64 albums sitting in my wish list!
    Well, that's another dumb design decision on Bandcamp's part. I never knew there even was a wishlist until you mentioned it.

There's a heart and wishlist below the album cover that allows you to add to the wishlist. Then in your collection there is a wishlist option.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    There's a heart and wishlist below the album cover that allows you to add to the wishlist. Then in your collection there is a wishlist option.
    Right, but if you have never hit "add to wishlist" before, there's no wishlist, so I never noticed it before.

F U
    Well he does have a point. Poor little rich kids dramatics

Go reglaze your bathtub?

My Bandcamp First World Problems are that I like to use it on my tablet that's sitting on my kitchen table, but the android app assumes that you have a phone, and won't work in landscape mode, and I also like to use it with my phone w/ a bluetooth speaker when I'm outside doing chores, but the app doesn't seem to have any way to queue up more than 1 album, so I either use the browser interface, or download the files to my NAS and play them with VLC, giving up the otherwise nice Bandcamp interface.
    like no-one has a desk or laptop computer and wait until you get home to order from bc anymore?
    Last edited by Trane; 10-26-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

There are like ten items in my cart, so that’s kind of a nuisance. This is really just the current example. This comes up fairly often so I’d like to know if there’s something I’m missing, and if not to point out to them that they might want to address this.
    Put them on your wishlist, that sort of acts a bookmark.

No, the epitome of "First World Problems" is trying to figure out how to get Windows Media Player (as well as your portable listening device) to display the album cover artwork when you rip a CD onto the computer.

Also not being able to mark albums that you've bought through other channels, as such, so that it can be added to the "You own this" list. When you take someone prolific like Henry Kaiser or Radio Massacre International, after awhile, it becomes to remember exactly which albums you own already (I own something like 30 Henry Kaiser CD's).

Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    Only 64?! I've got 167. Damn Bandcamp keeps sending an e-mail every time Henry Kaiser adds something "new" to his Bandcamp page.