Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandcamp Questions

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    No, the epitome of "First World Problems" is trying to figure out how to get Windows Media Player (as well as your portable listening device) to display the album cover artwork when you rip a CD onto the computer.
    mp3tag

Only 64?! I've got 167. Damn Bandcamp keeps sending an e-mail every time Henry Kaiser adds something "new" to his Bandcamp page.
    Maybe it's the same thing you're getting at but Bandcamp keeps notifying about "new" things that are not only "new", but they've previously been mentioned as "new" at least once before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Maybe it's the same thing you're getting at but Bandcamp keeps notifying about "new" things that are not only "new", but they've previously been mentioned as "new" at least once before.
    Who do they think they are, Discogs??
    Infinite Ceiling on www.ckcufm.com every Thursday night at 8:30 with me or Mark Keill, archived shows: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/112/...tml?filter=all
    Electronic Meditation on www.ckcufm.com archived shows: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/462/...tml?filter=all

mp3tag
    How's that?

No, I get e-mails saying "Oh, Henry Kaiser has added new music" or whatever. Thankfully, some of the "new" albums are things from the 80's I missed out on (like Devil In The Drain).

How's that?
    It's a pretty great piece of software, making it easy to add/modify all the possible tags on the files, and add artwork.

It's a pretty great piece of software, making it easy to add/modify all the possible tags on the files, and add artwork.
    Thanks, I'll check into that. It's really a minor thing, but I get a little OCD when it comes to having the right ablum cover (or any album cover!) displayed when I'm listening to a given album.

Thanks, I'll check into that. It's really a minor thing, but I get a little OCD when it comes to having the right ablum cover (or any album cover!) displayed when I'm listening to a given album.
    I'm the same way. It bugs me when I download some music and Windows fails to display the album cover. I've learned some tricks that may help...

1) If possible, download a pic of the album cover, put it in the music folder along with the .mp3 files. Name it "cover.jpg".
    2) In Windows explorer, got to the top level of your music library, right click on a folder which is not displaying any artwork, select "properties", go to the "customize" tab, click "Restore Default", then click OK.
    3) If you have a pic of the album cover, locate it in Windows explorer, right-click, then copy it. Open Windows media player, navigate to the desired album, right-click it, then select "Paste Album Art".

One of these three methods usually works. Sometimes I just have to wait for Windows to do its refresh operations on the music library (which takes place in the background), then retry one of the three tricks above.

re: mp3tag

So I finally downloaded teh software, and it's pretty easy. It took me a minute to figure I had to click on "save". I guess it's been awhile since I've had to that.

Anyway, the only thing was, when I entered what directory on the hard drive I wanted it to access, it said I've got over 23,000 files. I did some quick calculations that even if those were all 3 minute songs, that would be just short of 60 24 hour days of music! And of course, I've got a lot of music that isn't 3 and a half minutes long. So if I really want to tag everything with proper artwork...oh dear, this is gonna take awhile.