Thread: New Peter Frampton memoir out today

New Peter Frampton memoir out today

FYI, Frampton just released a memoir. Available in a variety of formats including audiobook narrated by him.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect...getName=sp_atf

Den of Geek has a review (positive): https://www.denofgeek.com/culture/do...eter-frampton/
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Thanks for the heads up, would like to get this for sure.

Looking forward to this one. I pre-ordered it so it should be on my kindle today.

Are you Steves v's or ph's?
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Mine is my real name.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Mine is my real name.
    Steven or Stephen? My name here is my last name. BTW I saw in the coronavirus thread that you just had a knee replaced. Getting both mine done Friday.
    Last edited by Painter; 10-22-2020 at 05:58 AM.

One of my all time fav PROG Artists...

Sounds like a fun read. Drummer Jerry Shirley's book on Humble Pie was good but as expected with a huge personality like Steve, most of the anecdotes revolved around him and I didn't learn too much about Pete, Greg Ridley or Clem Clempson. So this will be a different take on the Pie plus hoping there's some insights into the four excellent solo albums from which the material for "Comes Alive" was gleaned.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Steven or Stephen? My name here is my last name. BTW I saw in the coronavirus thread that you just had a knee replaced. Getting both mine done Friday.
    Steve Sly is my real name. You are getting both of yours done at the same time? Dude........I can't imagine that. I had my first one done at the end of July and the 2nd one 10 days ago. My surgeon would not do both at the same time, he requires a minimum of 8 weeks apart. Having just gone through it, I cannot imagine doing them both at the same time. Hopefully you have someone available to help you out pretty much full time for a while. So far, with mine, my first knee was more difficult than the current one. Both have been quite different from each other so far. Anyway, good luck with the surgeries. Keep me updated on how you are doing. BTW, do I know you in real life? Not sure what your real name is.

Steve Sly is my real name. You are getting both of yours done at the same time? Dude........I can't imagine that. I had my first one done at the end of July and the 2nd one 10 days ago. My surgeon would not do both at the same time, he requires a minimum of 8 weeks apart. Having just gone through it, I cannot imagine doing them both at the same time. Hopefully you have someone available to help you out pretty much full time for a while. So far, with mine, my first knee was more difficult than the current one. Both have been quite different from each other so far. Anyway, good luck with the surgeries. Keep me updated on how you are doing. BTW, do I know you in real life? Not sure what your real name is.
    Last night SUCKED. Worst pain I have ever dealt with. The oxy wasn’t touching. They started giving me dilaudid. My doc upped me to 3 Oxys every 3 hrs. I wanted to be one and done. The doc said my knees were horrible. I am 56 with the knees of a 76 yo man. Doc said I was a prime candidate for bilateral. But the surgery hit me HARD. I asked the doc why this put me down. He said if you are more athletic, more muscular, it is so much worse. Also he said my bones were very dense, unlike 70 yo women who he said he can cut thru like butter.

No, you don’t know me. My name is Steve Painter (Stephen) which is why I asked when two Steve’s replied to this thread.

Steve Sly is my real name.
    Your screen name should have been SlyAndTheFamilySteve

I wonder if Frampton will credit Steve Morse for coming after him and getting him to play again when he was stalled out.

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    I wonder if Frampton will credit Steve Morse for coming after him and getting him to play again when he was stalled out.
    Details, man, we need details. At least I would as I know nothing of this or Frampton's career.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm probably in the minority here, but I liked Humble Pie better when Frampton left. I think "Smokin'" is the best album they ever did. Clem Clempson was a great replacement for Frampton.

Last night SUCKED. Worst pain I have ever dealt with. The oxy wasn’t touching. They started giving me dilaudid. My doc upped me to 3 Oxys every 3 hrs. I wanted to be one and done. The doc said my knees were horrible. I am 56 with the knees of a 76 yo man. Doc said I was a prime candidate for bilateral. But the surgery hit me HARD. I asked the doc why this put me down. He said if you are more athletic, more muscular, it is so much worse. Also he said my bones were very dense, unlike 70 yo women who he said he can cut thru like butter.

No, you don’t know me. My name is Steve Painter (Stephen) which is why I asked when two Steve’s replied to this thread.
    Steve, I feel for you man. I assume you are still in the hospital? I had an overnight stay for both of mine, but then went home. As I said, I cannot imagine getting both knees done at the same time. You are in for a rough ride for a while. Sleep will suck. I was still having problems with sleep with my right knee before my left knee surgery and that was 10 weeks later. Are you going to have to go to a rehab / nursing facility for while? With both knees being done, I would think that might be an option to consider. Feel free to PM me if you need any advice or have any questions. There are several people on the "Old Geezer" thread on the Way Off Topic forum that have experience with knee replacement too.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Your screen name should have been SlyAndTheFamilySteve
    If I had a dollar for everytime I have hard that joke over the years (or Sly is your family stoned?) I would have a big pile of money

I have heard it all with a name like that. Back in the early 80's I used to work on a radio station. Most of the disc jockeys used fake names on the air, but I just decided to use my real name, and most people just assumed it was fake! Anyway........it has been an interesting name for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I liked Humble Pie better when Frampton left. I think "Smokin'" is the best album they ever did. Clem Clempson was a great replacement for Frampton.
    I would agree with that. Even though he was a founding member, I never thought Frampton's guitar style was down and dirty enough and the albums after he left were better.

Steve, I feel for you man. I assume you are still in the hospital? I had an overnight stay for both of mine, but then went home. As I said, I cannot imagine getting both knees done at the same time. You are in for a rough ride for a while. Sleep will suck. I was still having problems with sleep with my right knee before my left knee surgery and that was 10 weeks later. Are you going to have to go to a rehab / nursing facility for while? With both knees being done, I would think that might be an option to consider. Feel free to PM me if you need any advice or have any questions. There are several people on the "Old Geezer" thread on the Way Off Topic forum that have experience with knee replacement too.
    Yes. Still in hospital. I didn’t pass the basic car transit skills. This is the third night. We are going to assess where I am at tomorrow to see if I need a rehab center.

Thanks for your concern. I definitely didn’t know what I was in for.

Not surprisingly 983 is not my surname! I'm a ph!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Not surprisingly 983 is not my surname! I'm a ph!

Awesome. Another Steve at work, he was a V, we used to always “argue” back and forth about who were better. I said “What about the great Stephen Hawking?” His response was “that lazy guy? He never does anything. He just sits in his chair and makes everyone do everything for him.”

At one point, my work had 5 Steve’s. The facility had to pass a regulation that no more than two Steve’s can be in one room at a time. Anymore than that, and all the women would be irresistibly drawn to the grouping. The animal magnetism of Steves is just too strong for them to resist.

Awesome. Another Steve at work, he was a V, we used to always “argue” back and forth about who were better. I said “What about the great Stephen Hawking?” His response was “that lazy guy? He never does anything. He just sits in his chair and makes everyone do everything for him.”

At one point, my work had 5 Steve’s. The facility had to pass a regulation that no more than two Steve’s can be in one room at a time. Anymore than that, and all the women would be irresistibly drawn to the grouping. The animal magnetism of Steves is just too strong for them to resist.
    We have quite a few Steve's at work as well. Most of them around my age (59). It was a popular name back in the early 60's apparently.

Yeah, I'm in England and 57, there were lots of Steves at school as I recall, doesn't seem so popular now..

Btw, this thread went off topic really fast
    Although at least Frampton worked with a Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Yeah, I'm in England and 57, there were lots of Steves at school as I recall, doesn't seem so popular now..

Btw, this thread went off topic really fast
    Although at least Frampton worked with a Steve!

I’m 56, so we are really close. And I started this thread, so derailing it is my prerogative.

Steve Sly. I am home now. Very immobile but at least I am home. I’ll PM you later. I am just exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Wow, this is a tough call for me. Smokin' is my top Pie album, there is just a live vibe and "you are there" presence to the recording that they didn't capture on any other album, or to that degree at least. But the success brought drugs and things went downhill from there. Eat It was a sharp turn in another direction; I didn't mind but the recording was poor. In Jerry Shirley's book he tells how they were all in a car right after the album release when one of the songs came over the radio and they were saying, "what's wrong with your car radio, adjust the balance" or whatever until they realized it really did sound that bassy and muffled. And the live side four was hideous. The next two albums, Thunderbox and Street Rats, were just ordinary. They sounded tired, directionless and uninspired, quite a few cover songs on those albums as they were likely too drugged out to come up with enough new material.

It seemed like they just didn't utilize Clem's talents after Smokin'. What happened to the extended jams like on Road Runner, I Wonder and Sweet Peace & Time? I liked how they used to trade off 3 different lead vocals in a song in the Frampton era, that was another thing that went by the wayside once Clem joined. Clem could sing but he didn't get any lead bits and Greg's vocal role was reduced. The Frampton contributions on the first four studio albums were pretty distinct and made for a lot of diversity but after he left it was pretty much all Steve's band.

I like both eras but there was really only one outstanding album in the Clem era.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...