Thread: Jon Gomm - The Faintest Idea (for fans of proggy acoustic guitar songs)

Jon Gomm - The Faintest Idea (for fans of proggy acoustic guitar songs)

Jon Gomm may probably be an unfamiliar name - he certainly was for me, until the Kscope label signed him up and released his new album The Faintest Idea last week.

If you're into the kind of acoustic guitar style of classic John Martyn or Roy Harper, or even current artists like The Blackheart Orchestra, or perhaps the general vibe of the Kscope label, then Gomm's new album might well be something you'll enjoy.

Here's my review of the album to help shed some light on this talented guy:

https://momentstransition.wordpress.com/2020/10/19/jon-gomm-the-faintest-idea-2020/

Totally agree about Jon's talents. I hadn't heard of him before this album, but am very much a fan now. His vocals can't match his mind-blowing guitar playing, but they're damn good. I wouldn't have pegged this for a "prog" release and am surprised that Kscope picked up on it, but very grateful.

Here's my review:

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/al...faintest-idea/

Any relation to Ian?

Bit of a legend in my neck of the woods. Glad his acclaim is starting to spread.

I had a few of Jon’s earlier albums. I’m an acoustic music fan & his music crossed my path. I dl a few tunes through iTunes & I like what I hear. Good stuff. I’d like to hear him with a good tabla player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk