Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jon Anderson's provocative new song and video

Jon Anderson's provocative new song and video

"Go Screw Yourself" (Election Edit)
    Hi PEEPS around the world.... CHANGE WE MUST...NOW!!!!!!!!!!

VIDEO SPEAKS FOR ITSELF...... the time is at hand to Vote Vote Vote...VOTE!!!!

FOR A BETTER FUTURE........ WE DESERVE.... 🌟✨😃😃😃✨

Cheers... JON & JANEE💥🌟✨⚡️⚡️🌈🌈🌈👏👏💥🌟🌟☀️🙏

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3362163313902980

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    "Go Screw Yourself" (Election Edit)
    Hi PEEPS around the world.... CHANGE WE MUST...NOW!!!!!!!!!!

VIDEO SPEAKS FOR ITSELF...... the time is at hand to Vote Vote Vote...VOTE!!!!

FOR A BETTER FUTURE........ WE DESERVE.... ��✨������✨

Cheers... JON & JANEE����✨⚡️⚡️����������������☀️��

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3362163313902980
    "My name is Jon Anderson and I approved this free Ad for mass distribution".

I quite liked that. Close to the Edge it ain't. Nifty Felix guitar, too.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Yes! Regardless of what you think of the message, it's a good rockin' song from Jon.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Is Anderson heading into a punk rock phase at the age of 75? It’s a catchy tune though. I like it.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

My delicate soul has never been so offended. Jon must be tired of winning.

Damned if that didn't put a smile on my face. A tune with hooks, and even a guitar solo! And now I can say I lived long enough to hear Jon Anderson sing the words "soulless motherfuckers". You go, Jon!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Well, that was... unexpected. I noticed he recites some of the lyrics from Children Of Light in there as well.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I really like it, and it's so out of his box, it's refreshing.
    The video is good but the rapid edits in there I'm afraid may cause episodes in some folks sensitive to that type of rapid flickering type thingies.

Message is fine, urging folks to get off their arse and vote is always good, if not don't biatch about changes or the status quo.
    Too many people complain but don't use the system to make a change when it's given to them because they're too lazy.

This is true whether you're red or blue.
    Thumbs up Jon, keep on rockin!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Well Jon finally snapped.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I get the gist of what the song is about, but I really wish I could understand more of the words. I do understand "screw yourself" but not much else!

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    And now I can say I lived long enough to hear Jon Anderson sing the words "soulless motherfuckers".
    The title alone had me thinking the OP was just a joke until I saw it with my own eyes. And when he got to that line I had to rewind it: "Did he just say what I thought he said?"
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

It’s so anti-Trump I expect him to start using it in his campaign rallies any day.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    It’s so anti-Trump I expect him to start using it in his campaign rallies any day.
    Seems like anti-establishment politicians to me.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I’m confused. First he’s telling us about how leaders and politicians are screwing us over and in the end he’s telling us to go out and vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Is Anderson heading into a punk rock phase at the age of 75? It’s a catchy tune though. I like it.
    Now that Daevid Allen is gone, I suppose somebody has to!
    Gary Levin (a.k.a. The Microwave Brain)
    Co-host, The Greatest Show From Earth
    9:00 PM Eastern time first Sunday of each month
    WWUH-FM 91.3 West Hartford, CT and wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I’m confused. First he’s telling us about how leaders and politicians are screwing us over and in the end he’s telling us to go out and vote for them.
    That's right. He's not even singling out the orange blob either, it looks both sides, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Or is he telling people to vote them out.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Reminds me of an angry Fred Rogers, if we were lucky enough to see that. ;-) LOL

Wouldn't be the same sung in a maryjane-inspired peace and love regaee voice, now would it? I haven't seen Jon ever move like that. He's in better shape than we all thought.

I like the fact that the music is upbeat and the lyrics are so cynical. It’s catchy

I imagine it may be a bit much on the big plasma at home with the movement, and flashing lights and colors. I got tired out just watching it on my phone at daughter's soccer practice. ;-) Will put it on just as soon as I get home. Good thing the wife has a FB account for such things. Usually when I go looking around, I see a bunch of old, fat looking geezers who possibly couldn't be my age. ;-) Jon does look fantastic!

Guy's a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    Reminds me of an angry Fred Rogers, if we were lucky enough to see that. ;-) LOL.

I literally just watched this two nights ago

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Isn’t it noteworthy that any message that supports democracy and condemns corruption and authoritarianism is interpreted — by both sides — as being anti-Trump?

I can’t name every politician I saw in that video, but at least two of them were Trump and Bernie Sanders.

I knew somebody who as a kid lived in Fred Roger's hometown. He went to the grocery store with his mom, and walked away from her. He was a big Mr. Roger's Neighborhood fan-like everyone else, channel selection and oprions were extremely limited. Imagine his big surprise when he spotted Fred Rogers. He ran up to him, and all he got was a non-smiling, grumpy Fred Rogers who said to him, "Get away from me, kid."

Probably the first of many fantasies dashed. ;-)