Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Eddie Van Halen Dead at 65

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    I just heard this: Van Halen's Gene Simmons-produced Demos. This is ridiculous. It's a tad rough, but the band and Eddie sounded fantastic. The production, IMHO, is better than their WB albums which followed soon after. I think even David Lee Roth sounds great. He actually sings on this.
    Hoping these see an official release. Gene Simmons gave the tracks to Eddie within the last couple of years in exchange for the usage of Eddie and Alex's work on Gene's KISS demos that he released in his box set.

Wolfgang gets a big profile from the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...op%20culture_1
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

My tribute to Eddie Van Halen...

Fully poseable 1/6 scale custom action figure.

Yes, I do have 1/6 scale white/black Nike shoes. However, I am using them for another figure I am commissioned to complete. The hair is intentionally exaggerated for display purposes. I may thin it at a later date.

Here is Eddie in action wearing this outfit from a newly uncovered grail from Italy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    My tribute to Eddie Van Halen...

Fully poseable 1/6 scale custom action figure.

Yes, I do have 1/6 scale white/black Nike shoes. However, I am using them for another figure I am commissioned to complete. The hair is intentionally exaggerated for display purposes. I may thin it at a later date.

Here is Eddie in action wearing this outfit from a newly uncovered grail from Italy!

Cool! You did a good job getting the striping on the guitar right!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Cool! You did a good job getting the striping on the guitar right!
    I did the weathered-effect striping on the Converse shoes. The guitar is an official EVH Christmas ornament You might notice the hole in the headstock where the hanger goes.

Damn, Gruno. That's awesome.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Sweet!

You do great, inspiring work, sir.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Really nice work, Gruno. The action lines are right on.

But, I gotta say, that "So this is Love" video pretty much represents all that was bad about VH. It's hilariously tacky.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post

But, I gotta say, that "So this is Love" video pretty much represents all that was bad about VH. It's hilariously tacky.
    I dunno, I kinda dig the dinosaurs. I think that might be the first time I've ever heard the studio version of that song (no, I never owned Fair Warning, I just know the live clips of that, Unchained, and Hear About It Later that MTV used to play back in the day).

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Really nice work, Gruno. The action lines are right on.

Nothing they liked better than tacky or cheesy. That said, "Unchained" is a killer riff.

Eddie did come up with some great riffs. "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" is another.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"