Thread: Stick Men + Gary Husband - OWARI (Live in Japan)

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar

Stick Men + Gary Husband - OWARI (Live in Japan)

Pre-ordered this a while ago and listening to the free download now.
    Gary Husband adds another layer of sounds to the mix. Comparable to ROPPONGI (Mel Collins) and MIDORI (David Cross).
    Sound is great!
    Anyone here already listened to the whole album?

STICK MEN with GARY HUSBAND - OWARI (Special Edition w/bonus track)
    Rigid cover with 28 pages booklet, one disk.
    Includes bonus track.
    Ships around the THIRD week of October.
    Pre-Order price before October 1st 2020 is $23.00 + shipping.
    After October 1st is $25.00 + shipping.
    Purchase includes an automatic download of the album in any or all format of Your choice; WAV, FLAC, ALAC/M4A, MP3-320, 24bit / 96kHz quality.

Files from live recording multitraks: digital 24/44.100
    Mix: full analogue to Master: digital 24/192
    Copy master from digital to tape master with Eq analogue correction (this is the original for the tapes masters).
    Tape master to digital for mastering for CD, Cassettes, vinyl and HD Download

EUROPEAN ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED FROM BERLIN, GERMANY.
    https://stickmen-moonjune.bandcamp.com/album/owari
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Looking forward to this. It was an auto-buy for me; Gary Husband is such an amazing musician I had no doubt he'd make a stellar contribution. I also picked up the t-shirt which is very cool!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I’m going to order the shirt for a friend and enjoy the download myself! The narrative of how fucked the mini-Japan tour was by COVID-19 is worth reading whether or not you listen to the recording. They’re lucky they got got to perform this one show!

Love this band. I am sad I haven't been able to see Stick Men in all the years they've been together. I was all set to see them in Syracuse several years ago but then one of them caught cold and they cancelled.

I'm thinking about ordering the cassette. How cool is that? I can actually play it in the car...

Listened to it this morning. Husband adds very interesting layers. “Larks’ Two” is a highlight, and considering how many times I’ve heard that song in any number of combinations, that’s quite the compliment.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Had the download for a month or so, but the CD arrived today.
    Beautiful hardcover digipak. They're really doing a great job over there at MoonJune.

Listened to the CD a couple of times and like the mix of technical and emotional/atmospheric progrock. Nice mix from own songs and (at least) two King Crimson-tunes (besides the mentioned Larks' Tongues they also play Level 5.
    Although this is a live-album, there're hardly any crowd-noices heard. Only in the bonus-track The End Of The Tour you hear some audience-noices.
    Although I agree the digipack looks beautiful, I wonder why there are no credits for the songs included.

B.t.w. Owari means The End.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Love this band. I am sad I haven't been able to see Stick Men in all the years they've been together. I was all set to see them in Syracuse several years ago but then one of them caught cold and they cancelled.

Have happily seem them twice. Stellar.

Patiently/anxiously awaiting my copy. The trio is amazing, and to add a musician of the caliber of Husband puts it way over the top. So glad they had the foresight to record the proceedings!
    David

To get the whole picture it's also nice to listen to Gary Husband & Markus Reuter's Music Of This Time which was recorded straight after all other dates of the tour were cancelled.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Just ordered up, with a $30 gift card folks at work gave me for becoming a grandfather!

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    To get the whole picture it's also nice to listen to Gary Husband & Markus Reuter's Music Of This Time which was recorded straight after all other dates of the tour were cancelled.

Got it right when it was released, and like it a lot. Lovely ambient creations.
    David

Another great addition to the Stick Men body of work. Packaging and sound is fantastic. I'll second the thoughts on MoonJune Records. Virtually everything I've bought this year has been from them. Leonardo is great to deal with too. Couldn't have been happier with the Stick Men "Panamerica" box set and how swiftly they shipped it to me, especially with the way things have been this year.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion