Thread: Sanguine Hum - A Trace of Memory. Out Nov 20

Sanguine Hum - A Trace of Memory. Out Nov 20

Sanguine Hum have put together a new album sooner than expected due to lockdown.
    Pre-orders are up on Bandcamp today.

https://sanguinehum.bandcamp.com/
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

I'll definitely be putting in my order for a physical copy today, especially as it is Bandcamp Friday. So this is something to look forward to for November, and one long track (13 minutes) is available for download today.

The song on bandcamp is excellent.
    The Prog Corner

Preordered. Together with Field Music these guys keep producing excellent albums regularly that fullfil any craving one might have for rocky progpop or proppy rogpock or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    The song on bandcamp is excellent.
    Agreed I love it, the album has been duly ordered. I've played through their back catalogue again today, it is a sparkling body of work.

^ I wasn't too crazy about their previous release (don't know why, really), but I enjoy Now We Have Light and The Diving Bell, and I loved Weight of the World on release but need to pull it out again. That What We Ask thing is very good as well, with older material et al.

I still wish they'd reissue the full Antique Seeking Nuns roster, as I never got around to getting the debut EP. Heard it on Spotify many years ago, though - and I always dug the other two.

Looking forward to more Hum now.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Antique Seeking Nuns.... so yummy.

I'm loving this latest one. It's got it's own surreal sort of soundworld. Beautiful work!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    That What We Ask thing is very good as well, with older material et al.

I still wish they'd reissue the full Antique Seeking Nuns roster, as I never got around to getting the debut EP. Heard it on Spotify many years ago, though - and I always dug the other two.
    The archival release What We Ask Is Where We Begin is a lovely collection, I bought it out of completeness-nerd needs, but I overlook it too often when picking a Hum disc to play, but since your post I have spun both discs many times, it’s superb.

I would also love an archival Nuns release, to gather all strands together in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    The archival release What We Ask Is Where We Begin is a lovely collection
    Agreed, it's a really good disc (or two discs).

Really looking forward to the new album when it comes out.