Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 88 of 88

Thread: Brand X Lineup Changes

  1. #76
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    True...
    Ian Maidman from David Sylvians Gone to Earth would be pretty great, too.
    Um,

  2. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Um,
    What ?...Oh it's Jennifer, well I hardly doubt that had any effect on her bass prowess?!

  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Has Colin Edwin ever proved himself a fusion player at any level? I always considered him a groove player.
    Well, you might be right here. Funny coincidense is that both Colin Edwin and Percy Jones both appear on the Billy Sherwood-project The Fusion Syndicate.
    (other bass-players on that 2012-album are Jimmy Haslip, Billy Sheehan and Justin Chancellor).

    Here's the track with Edwin, Stone Cold Infusion:



    And here's the Jones-track, At The Edge Of The Middle:


  4. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    What ?
    I think he wanted to write "Jennifer".

  5. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I think he wanted to write "Jennifer".
    Yeah, Google straightened me out...got it...thank you!

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Yeah, Google straightened me out...got it...thank you!
    OT: She made a wonderful album some years ago, called Dreamland, with a musicians from The Penguin Cafe Orchestra and David Torn amongst others.

  7. #82
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,808


    Any mention of any of this by Brand X on social media? Nothing that I've seen.

  8. #83
    My pick would be Robertino Pagliari from Chris Poland's band OHM.

  9. #84
    Member SunshipVoyager1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Philadelphia 'burbs
    Posts
    315
    I love Berlin, but didn’t see him as a stylistic match for Brand X per se. Giblin would be my nostalgic choice, but the chances there are remote. It is a rough spot to fill, really.

  10. #85
    Member FrippWire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    OT: She made a wonderful album some years ago, called Dreamland, with a musicians from The Penguin Cafe Orchestra and David Torn amongst others.
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I just ordered a copy.

  11. #86
    Happy to see Mike Sary suggest Pagliani, he is a spectacular bassist who doesn’t get called out enough, and man what a vocalist as well (when I played Cream songs with him and Kofi, he floored me constantly with his power and choices, both playing and singing. Amazing dude and a total sweetheart too). He’d be superb in Brand X.

  12. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sary View Post
    My pick would be Robertino Pagliari from Chris Poland's band OHM.
    I saw him live in OHM in Mill Valley, California. He would be ideal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally View Post
    Happy to see Mike Sary suggest Pagliani, he is a spectacular bassist who doesn’t get called out enough, and man what a vocalist as well (when I played Cream songs with him and Kofi, he floored me constantly with his power and choices, both playing and singing. Amazing dude and a total sweetheart too). He’d be superb in Brand X.
    Endorsements don't get much better than this!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •