Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 88

Thread: Brand X Lineup Changes

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Ugh, this is all pretty ugly.
    Well, some are just "Born Ugly".

  2. #27
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,522
    No Percy, No Metman
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  3. #28
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by syncopatico View Post
    Well, some are just "Born Ugly".
    Born Ugly / Dead Pretty

  4. #29

  5. #30
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,125
    Well that seems a bit more rational
    Ian

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  6. #31
    Outraged bystander markwoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    Can someone copy & paste for us FB less folks?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

  7. #32
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,125
    Ian

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  8. #33
    Outraged bystander markwoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,273
    Thanks Ian!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

  9. #34
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,808
    "I consider him a friend over the many decades" vs. "Jones & his midgets" and "Berlin does not need to make squeaky ego noises on his bass" coming from the other direction, probably after lotsa .

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    "I consider him a friend over the many decades" vs. "Jones & his midgets" and "Berlin does not need to make squeaky ego noises on his bass" coming from the other direction, probably after lotsa .
    Percy's response shows his class.

    Of course it also shows up Goodsall's lack of same rather starkly, but that may be entirely coincidental
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

    Bandcamp Profile

  11. #36
    Member Zeuhlmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    5,300
    Goodsall either doesn't seem to be Housebroken, or has many bad days.

  12. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    The only time I've seen Goodsall live was with Tunnels. My only impression of him was, "What is he so angry about?"
    NEARFest 2003? I wondered about that myself... I assumed it was technical difficulties, but maybe something more?

  13. #38
    Member SunshipVoyager1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Philadelphia 'burbs
    Posts
    315
    I fear John may be suffering from paraphrenia.

    Anyway, sorry to see Percy close the door- the last few live recordings were spectacular.

  14. #39
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshipVoyager1976 View Post
    I fear John may be suffering from paraphrenia.
    Perhaps.
    John Goodsall 'goodS'@GoodsallJohn
    ·
    What's happening? Some frightening shit involving kirlian state-of-the-art imaging & Amsat tracking technology has monitored & recorded all data re: persons in the vicinity of The Roslyn Hotel & My Father's Place music venue, Roslyn N.Y. from 2PM eastern time & still ongoing.
    John Goodsall 'goodS'@GoodsallJohn
    ·
    Consequences to these individuals may vary in severity according to jsoc & other intelligence agency responses & is in no way controlled by us.

  15. #40
    And here I was just going to say too much booze
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshipVoyager1976 View Post
    I fear John may be suffering from paraphrenia.

    Anyway, sorry to see Percy close the door- the last few live recordings were spectacular.
    Sorry to hear this news - one of my favourite bands. BTW, I've been after a copy of "Locked & Loaded" (their previous live album) for the longest time, but it's permanently out of stock on Burning Shed. Any ideas / help would be gratefully received; it seems ridiculous in this day & age to be searching for an album like this :-(

  17. #42
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,808
    Not linked to any specific tweets that I can tell, but...
    John Goodsall 'goodS'@GoodsallJohn
    ·
    Oct 5
    Kenny you are absolutely right. I apologise. The illness is affecting my mind. + the bs situation of our industry.
    You Percy Chris & co are all HQ dudes, the Best i've known.
    I am so sorry, & hope we all continue in good health. Working on my attitude, priorities. Negative shit
    John Goodsall 'goodS'@GoodsallJohn
    ·
    Oct 5
    got me , i realise that now & will fix it. Best -goods

  18. #43
    Respect to the man for owning it. A shame it impacted the band but perhaps in due time and with due help for issues/illnesses, things can be patched.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Respect to the man for owning it. A shame it impacted the band but perhaps in due time and with due help for issues/illnesses, things can be patched.
    +1

  20. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Iowa City IA
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000jw View Post
    BTW, I've been after a copy of "Locked & Loaded" (their previous live album) for the longest time, but it's permanently out of stock on Burning Shed. Any ideas / help would be gratefully received; it seems ridiculous in this day & age to be searching for an album like this :-(
    I wish I could help you. They had L&L at the merch table in Sellersville a year ago. I too had been wondering when Burning Shed would get it in stock... So I was overjoyed to be able to pick up that and the BR/DVD. But it turned out the merch table was cash only. I only had $40 so I chose the DVD. While the DVD is brilliant and I've watched it many times, that one is not so hard to get. L&L though, remains elusive. Even fucking Discogs don't have it!

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I wish I could help you. They had L&L at the merch table in Sellersville a year ago. I too had been wondering when Burning Shed would get it in stock... So I was overjoyed to be able to pick up that and the BR/DVD. But it turned out the merch table was cash only. I only had $40 so I chose the DVD. While the DVD is brilliant and I've watched it many times, that one is not so hard to get. L&L though, remains elusive. Even fucking Discogs don't have it!
    Thanks for the helpful response - yup, the "Live at RosFest" 2018 CD/DVD is pretty easy to pick up from various sources. I share your frustration at making the wrong choice but, once again, in an era where it seems everything can be easily copied, who could have predicted that a record would vanish from sight?

    Perhaps they think that, given the overlapping tracklist with "But Wait... There's More" (which preceded it) and RosFest (which followed it), there'd be little call for making new copies of this one. But that reckons without the insatiable - even misguided - appetite of us completists, eh? ;-) Hi ho.

  22. #47
    Member Rajaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Scotland, Canada
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Yeah, won't be following them without Percy. That said Simon Phillips would be a good hire.
    Totally in agreement. Percy's "humming" bass sound is signature of Brand X.

    I was fortunate to have seen their show at Progstock 2019 and it was truly awesome. The were firing on all cylinders.

    I doubt Chester who is retired would accept if offered the gig (watch and listen to his YouTube interview) but Simon Phillips is the next best choice, immensely talented.

  23. #48
    Chester isn't retired. Listen to the beginning of the interview😉

  24. #49
    Member Paulrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I doubt Chester who is retired would accept if offered the gig (watch and listen to his YouTube interview) but Simon Phillips is the next best choice, immensely talented.
    Agreed, but would Simon give up his own fusion combo (Protocol) for Brand X? I guess he could always do both.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

  25. #50
    Member Rajaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Scotland, Canada
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnim View Post
    Chester isn't retired. Listen to the beginning of the interview😉
    Oh yeah really? Thanks Sherlock

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •