Thread: New Polyethylene Pet/+1 Siingle for PE members

New Polyethylene Pet/+1 Siingle for PE members

Hey there all,

Since you're wondering, yes I am working on a new album for Dec/Jan (in spite of all pressures to not bother). The world being world-like. Still i'm doing it. Apparently, i still have things to say, goddamn it. I turned 66 last Wednesday. I need something to keep me from sliding into senility, eh?

So far, so good though. This one is going to be a darkly funky rock thing. For those who know my work and/or give a crap, somewhat in the Soul Revolution mode, i think. It's surprisingly upbeat given my recent baseline of, you know, total despair

And snarky AF (as the kids so rudely like to say). Yep. I'm grouchy lately

BUT thus far it's actually upbeat (though the album is quite abstract). i've made this little two-song single just for our friends and fans here and elsewhere to enjoy its upbeat-ness. We can all use a little of that right now, i suspect.

I hope it plays for you and feeds the beast.

Love and light to one and all. Especially Milton Babbitt. Rest in peace, dude

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Love the drums on this - this tune reminds me of early 90's Bruce Hornsby. To me, that's a good thing!
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

This is good stuff, my man. Very good. Thank you for sharing.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sounds great Kim.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Thanks guys.

Bruce Hornsby, eh? Really? Hmm. Cool, i do like him. I don't think of him as being quite so out and fusiony (he does try sometimes). But his writing and playing are excellent, so i'll take it as the compliment you mean

He is very very good, please don't get me wrong. I've been compared to far less appropriate things, actually. And some perhaps, you know, more appropriate

The more i listen - if you mean the first track, i could almost see how my vocal delivery is sort of Hornsby-like. I was going for more of a Gil Scott-Heron thing but Bruce goes there sometimes. Yes. His later albums circa Big <something> Face (which is a great album) has a tune with this sort of vibe. And more funky, imho. His playing on it is magnificent. A funky electric piano solo, irc. Thanks, that is high praise indeed.

I do hope it brings some sunshine into your exciting, if often possibly dreary and sad days. I know it's helping me. Hearing positive music pour out of this weary soul is a godsend when it happens RARE AF LMFOBAO HAHAHA. It's only because B.Sue's out of town for a couple of weeks that i've been able to record so much. I have nothing better to do when i can't sleep and revert to studio hours.

Seriously, B.Sue, my family, friends and the fans i have are a blessing. They've kept me sane and on the spiritually focused path able to make the music you all CRAVE

So, yeah. Thanks to all of you here

Peace yodels,

Kimara
    Last edited by Polypet; 09-23-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Thanks guys.

Bruce Hornsby, eh? Really? Hmm. Cool, i do like him. I don't think of him as being quite so out and fusiony (he does try sometimes). But his writing and playing are excellent, so i'll take it as the compliment you mean

He is very very good, please don't get me wrong. I've been compared to far less appropriate things, actually. And some perhaps, you know, more appropriate

The more i listen - if you mean the first track, i could almost see how my vocal delivery is sort of Hornsby-like. I was going for more of a Gil Scott-Heron thing but Bruce goes there sometimes. Yes. His later albums circa Big <something> Face (which is a great album) has a tune with this sort of vibe. And more funky, imho. His playing on it is magnificent. A funky electric piano solo, irc. Thanks, that is high praise indeed.

I do hope it brings some sunshine into your exciting, if often possibly dreary and sad days. I know it's helping me. Hearing positive music pour out of this weary soul is a godsend when it happens RARE AF LMFOBAO HAHAHA. It's only because B.Sue's out of town for a couple of weeks that i've been able to record so much. I have nothing better to do when i can't sleep and revert to studio hours.

Seriously, B.Sue, my family, friends and the fans i have are a blessing. They've kept me sane and on spiritually focused path able to make the music you all CRAVE

So, yeah. Thanks to all of you here

Peace yodels,

Kimara
    Ok, to be more specific it reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o_xqd38Jb8

Oh that is an excellent track. I can see the similarity in the vocal style, for sure. That whole album is fabulous. My favourite track is Rainbow's Cadillac.

I'm glad you like this new thing, Dean. Thanks for the kind words

Nice Kim, and thanks for sharing!

Reminds me of a quarantined Thomas Dolby.

Love the banjo, reminds me of Deliverance....only kidding!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post

Nothing wrong with Thomas Dolby!

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post

A Quarantined Thomas Dolby isn't too far off the mark either

Thanks guys.

If there were more interest, i'd share a preview of the full album here. It's not public anywhere yet. I used to do a PM group listening thing, inviting folks. Nowadays, i'm pretty sure people have better ways to spend their time, you know (family, work, not dying, making one's own music, not going nuts, etc).

In any event, i do appreciate the love we get here. It helps to keep us inspired to bother

If anyone would like a sneak preview of the new album - due in Dec, if the world holds up - just PM me.

Stay safe and sane,

Kimara
    Last edited by Polypet; 09-23-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Ok. Beginning the three bumps.

Bump #1
    Last edited by Polypet; 10-12-2020 at 06:54 PM.

And since these threads actually seem like a great place to keep stuff secret, here is a link to the sneak preview i mentioned somewhere. People do have better things to do. Sheesh. I figured it would be silly to wait until anyone, you know, *asked* for it

It'll hopefully be released on CD in December, as i said earlier. But it is ready and you can stream it now. Because you're special, eh?

So here is a private stream (not publicised) you can share it discreetly if you, in fact, know other wierdos who might dig it's wild avant-funkiness

Polyethylene Pet/+1 - The Masks We Will Wear

As usual, click on the cover splash image to get inside to the player, credits and all that jizzle.

It's very different from what the EP "single" might lead one to believe. It's a PP/+1 "joint", for those of you who might understand what that means. But maybe won't clear the room as fast as some do. This one's got a beat in spots. "You can dance to (some of) it, Dick. I give it a 10!"

Mostly, it is rather abstract and "on the new music tip" but i think you "weirdos" here might get into it. Many of you on PE - well, among the few here possibly - do know my work. This one shouldn't be too shocking in its abstraction. It is surprisingly tuneful for all of that. We do try. I'd be curious to hear how it affected anyone who checks it out. Hopefully, it will bring a smile, maybe a tear, and a spring (and autumn) to your step

Virtual type warm greetings and well wishes to one and all here,

Kimara (and B.Sue by proxy)
    Last edited by Polypet; 09-23-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks, Kim! I really enjoyed these tunes. Great groove, drums, keyboard playing and the multi-tracked vocals sound really good! The blunt, throw up your hands at human folly lyrics in the second tune made me laugh. It's a good release in these sequestered times.

Let the lovemaking commence!

Hey, whadda you a wise guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Let the lovemaking commence!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarThrower View Post
    Hey, whadda you a wise guy?

Thanks guys. It's true that the sequestering is having an impact.

Check out the album proper. It's a pretty fun listen, when you have about 50 minutes or so. It also features both the marvelous Matt Baber and Richard Wileman on a couple of tracks, btw :-)

Everyone have a wonderful day,

Kim

BUMP #2

Calling out especially Ricky - i think you'll dig this.

A reminder that the album proper, which may come out in December if my head doesn't explode before then, can be streamed via the link below. I'm particularly proud of and happy with this newest. It's great fun but dense and abstract also. Please do let me know what you think, if you check it out.

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/catalog/?90scs1x

All the best to everyone. Here's to joy, peace, love and light for all of us soon! (Or something resembling it, anyway)

Kim

Thanks for the update and reminder, Kim. I hope your head doesn't explode though!

I've bookmarked it to listen later. Looking forward to hearing it.

And as you know, it was one of my favourite musical experiences ever learning that piece

I might have to re-inflate my love Doll for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I might have to re-inflate my love Doll for this one.
    Uh huh

Ah so - a third and final bumpity bump for this. The new album will be out on Dec. 11th (B.Sue and my 38th anniversary, whoa). Here is a refresher link for anyone who might be interested in hearing it now. More funky abstraction and surreal snark. Inspired by recent events

As always, click the cover splash image to get to the music player etc.

I hope it gives some of you at least a little smile. Thanks as always for the support and friendships.

K