Thread: Robert John & The Wreck

Robert John & The Wreck

Wondering if anyone here is into these guys. I don't remember ever seeing them mentioned. I just recently got turned on to them and think their new album "Last Light On The Highway" is one of the best of the year. They are kind of southern rock / Americana / Alt Country if I have to find a genre to slot them into, but the new album's title track is a 10 minute story that gets pretty damn close to prog rock. Anyway, here is a live clip from a few years ago. Anyone else here into this band?

I never heard of them before, but that video you posted is smokin! Wow. Definitely going to explore them a bit more. Thanks for bringing them up!

There's a lot to enjoy here, great vocals, nice playing and groove all around, but that chord progression only holds my interest for so long (Marshall Tucker Band/Can't You See, anyone?). I found myself wanting more of the short bridge/break they threw in at the 3' mark. Only my opinion, and based on one tune. Thanks for sharing!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I never heard of them before, but that video you posted is smokin! Wow. Definitely going to explore them a bit more. Thanks for bringing them up!
    Here is one of my favorite tracks from the new album: