Thread: Daryl Stuermer to Sell Genesis, Phil Collins Tour Gear

Daryl Stuermer to Sell Genesis, Phil Collins Tour Gear

https://reverb.com/news/the-official...b-shop-preview

The Official Daryl Stuermer of Genesis Reverb Shop will open Wednesday, September 9, offering more than 100 guitars, basses, studio equipment, and other pieces of gear used on Genesis and Phil Collins tours, as well as Stuermer's many solo records. A portion of proceeds will benefit cancer care and research.

Stuermer's Reverb shop will feature gear from throughout his career, including:

A 1986 Steinberger GL-2T/GR played on the 1986-1987 Genesis Invisible Touch Tour, and on Stuermer's first solo album Steppin' Out, released in 1987.
    A 1981 Roland G-808 with a Roland GR-300 guitar synth. "Before I played this on the 1983-1984 Genesis Mama tour, I had it customized," Stuermer says. The guitar was also used to play the guitar lead and solo on the Phil Collins and Philip Bailey 1984 hit, "Easy Lover."
    A Gibson ES-346 played on the 2004-2005 Phil Collins First Final Farewell Tour and on Stuermer's GO and Rewired: The Electric Collection albums.
    A Shergold Modulator played on Genesis' 1980 Duke tour.
    A 1992 Yamaha TRB-4P bass played on the 1992 Genesis We Can't Dance Tour and Daryl Stuermer albums, Another Side of Genesis and Waiting in the Wings.
    Dozens of effects pedals used on tour and in the studio, including a Boss CE–1 Chorus Ensemble S2 Rivera Modified. "This CE-1 is one of very few pedals that Paul Rivera of Fender and Rivera modified himself for a very brief period in LA," Stuermer says. "The modifications added even more capabilities to an already amazing effects pedal."

And as usual, I don't have the cash to get in on the haggling.

Oh cool! The Shergold would be nice. I got to play Mike's double neck Shergold.

Sounds like the end of an era. Lucky for us Mr. Hackett is not auctioning off his gear yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Squids View Post
    Oh cool! The Shergold would be nice. I got to play Mike's double neck Shergold.
    When I was a kid I remember staring at one in a guitar shop window, it seemed to have magical properties.

You can buy Eddie Jobson's Minimoog Model D (one of them, at least)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eddie-Jobso...53.m1438.l2649
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

About 20 years ago I found Eddie Jobson's Yamaha CP 70 piano for sale in an obscure music shop in Keene, NH for $1500. The roadcase had EDDIE JOBSON UK stenciled on it. No one at the store knew who he was. I wish I would have had the money.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    You can buy Eddie Jobson's Minimoog Model D (one of them, at least)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eddie-Jobso...53.m1438.l2649
    I mean, I'd totally be into this for about a quarter of the current bid if it were really Jobson's. But, I have no idea who this seller is and the price is seriously inflated. I think I'll hold out for some of the Stuermer gear... hey, I have a 1997 Fender American Strat hanging on my wall right now, my first guitar, so I'm definitely interested in the one from Stuermer's collection.

The guitar player in my band bought the Daryl's Line 6 Pod 2. I guess because it was only a hundred bucks. I told him "GREAT! But please do not use that ever on my albums". Haha. I never liked the sound of that one... or the look of it either. Looks like someone's liver transplant or a kidney. However, cool to have a piece of history. He said the Shergold bass sold in seconds and he missed it. That was THE ONE TO GET!!! Ugghhhh. Oh well.