Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Video looking at my Lawn Ornaments multitracks

  1. #1

    Video looking at my Lawn Ornaments multitracks

    Apologies because I originally posted this in probably the wrong forum ("What's on What's New") and I couldn't figure out how to delete it from there once I realized. So I've re-posted it here,
    --------------------
    Some of you might be interested - While looking for something else, I accidentally found the mostly-finished multitrack files for what became my 2014 solo album "Lawn Ornaments". I never usually keep multitrack projects for my own albums so it was a surprise, and thought it would be fun to see what was there, so I did it as a livestream in June 2020. Here are the first two parts. I've edited to cut the bits when the stream sound stopped a couple of times, or when I was making a lengthy answer to some viewer's question or comment which wouldn't make any sense without also seeing the comment or question. Anyway here are the first two episodes, the rest will come soon-ish

    Here are the Youtube links:
    Part 1: https://youtu.be/Wp_3ttqXkUs

    Part 2: https://youtu.be/UJXYlLDHl94

    xx
    BD

  2. #2
    I dig me some Lawn Ornaments.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I dig me some Lawn Ornaments.
    Word UP. And hi
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

  4. #4
    That's very cool, Bob. I do think Lawn Ornaments is one of your best
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    That's very cool, Bob. I do think Lawn Ornaments is one of your best
    Thank you Kim, I think it was the first of a new series, of which 2019's The Gardens of Beastley Manor was little detour into a different area. The current one "Planets and Animals" (about half-finished now) seems to be following a little further down the road of LO, Arx Pilosa and l'Isola dei Lupi, plus the benefit of things I learned doing Beastley... so a natural progression in other words

  6. #6
    Argh! I completely forgot to check out The Gardens of Beastley Manor...

    I love Lawn Ornaments, Arx Pilosa, and l'Isola dei Lupi. It makes me happy to hear you're still making music.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Argh! I completely forgot to check out The Gardens of Beastley Manor...
    Allow me to direct you to its general vicinity, over those hills, just past the architectural follies:
    https://bdstudio.bandcamp.com/album/...beastley-manor

    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I love Lawn Ornaments, Arx Pilosa, and l'Isola dei Lupi. It makes me happy to hear you're still making music.
    Thanks, it make me happy to make it! Doing so right now, just taking a break for a coffee, look at the sky, sniff a flower or two, and internet-check.

    BD

  8. #8
    Playing Lawn Ornaments now and also played it last night. As previously mentioned, I dig it. Bob's Drive-in and Shunned Country are probably my overall favorite Bobby D. albums, but they are all perty kewl.

    OK, bye.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Drake View Post
    Thank you Kim, I think it was the first of a new series, of which 2019's The Gardens of Beastley Manor was little detour into a different area. The current one "Planets and Animals" (about half-finished now) seems to be following a little further down the road of LO, Arx Pilosa and l'Isola dei Lupi, plus the benefit of things I learned doing Beastley... so a natural progression in other words
    Arx Pilosa, another slice of brilliance

    BTW: Bob, i had forgotten about The Gardens, which i thought i already had but had not. I've just picked it up and listened to it. What a beautiful thing it is. Some of your most beautiful and enigmatic writing, imho. The textures are perfect, from the opening sort of aquiring of the taste through your unique soundscapes and musical stories. A truly yummy piece of work. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Last edited by Polypet; 1 Week Ago at 03:43 PM.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

  10. #10
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    4,308
    How did I miss this????!!!! Thanks for sharing Bob! This is great stuff for us "Bobheads".

  11. #11
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    4,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Playing Lawn Ornaments now and also played it last night. As previously mentioned, I dig it. Bob's Drive-in and Shunned Country are probably my overall favorite Bobby D. albums, but they are all perty kewl.

    OK, bye.
    Do you have The Skull Mailbox?

    Bob's bass tone on Shunned might be the greatest tone ever. Arx and I'sola have become favs of mine over the past few years. Every single album is unique and a must-have imo. Those are random comments. I also love pizza.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Do you have The Skull Mailbox?

    Bob's bass tone on Shunned might be the greatest tone ever. Arx and I'sola have become favs of mine over the past few years. Every single album is unique and a must-have imo. Those are random comments. I also love pizza.
    Pizza is pretty awesome.

    I do have Skull Mailbox and dig it muchly. Drive-in and Shunned Country are the ones I go back to the most, though. Ornaments and Arx find their way into the player fairly often as well.

    OK, bye.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Do you have The Skull Mailbox?

    Bob's bass tone on Shunned might be the greatest tone ever. .
    It suits the tunes, and the generally open sound of the instruments. I wanted to make the bass sort of a feature here and there so left a lot of space for it. On the new album "Planets and Animals" currently underway, I use the usual 4001 on about half of the songs, on the others an Ibanez acoustic bass guitar I picked up last year. It's one of those PCBE12-OPN models, which was barely 100 Euros new. Like every review I read beforehand, I'd say it sounds great but get your toolkit out because you're going to need to finish it up, basically But I love fiddling with guitars anyway so that's always fun too.

    BD
    www.bdrak.com
    Last edited by Bob Drake; 1 Week Ago at 04:00 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post

    BTW: Bob, i had forgotten about The Gardens, which i thought i already had but had not. I've just picked it up and listened to it. What a beautiful thing it is. Some of your most beautiful and enigmatic writing, imho. The textures are perfect, from the opening sort of aquiring of the taste through your unique soundscapes and musical stories. A truly yummy piece of work. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Thank Kim, and indeed I chose that track as the opening song because it leads in a bit easily, and as you say it gives the flavor leading into that world. Love using the banjo in a way not at all like what it's generally "expected" to do too. I really love writing this kind of stuff (all thanks to notation) and always accumulating more for some future release. Especially this time of the year, late Summer-early Autumn, very inspiring time to work on those evocative musical places or scenes.

    BD

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •