Thread: Jason Isbell - Nashville doesn’t get it, Austin does

Jason Isbell - Nashville doesn’t get it, Austin does

On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

I think this is Isbell's full set:

I heard a radio interview with him a couple years ago and he bristled at being called "country". Good for him. And dear Amanda is a gem, one of those sweet as mountain water bluegrass voices.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I think this is Isbell's full set:

I heard a radio interview with him a couple years ago and he bristled at being called "country". Good for him. And dear Amanda is a gem, one of those sweet as mountain water bluegrass voices.
    That’s interesting I looked for the concert on YouTube and couldn’t find it. However maybe it was posted later. It appears to be about the same length of time, maybe 2 minutes longer. Amanda’s set was in what I posted, and not in yours. Thanks. There are some very cool psych parts on some of the songs. And at times symphonic rock sounding. Amanda’s violin isn’t a bluegrass fiddle, very haunting and eclectic. Yes the vocals are right in the progressive bluegrass genre similar to what you would hear at Merlefest or Delfest but not old time.
    Last edited by Firth; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:35 PM.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way