Thread: I had too much to dream last night...

I had too much to dream last night...

I rarely have dreams about music, let alone collecting it. Most of the dreams I remember are typical stuff - hot dogs chasing donuts.

Last night I had an unusual dream that I think is worth documenting. I was record shopping in a store I’ve never been to. I think it was in the US but in an unfamiliar city – everyone spoke fluent English so I guess I can rule out Brooklyn. The store was run by a couple – husband and wife. She was kind of dumpy looking, dressed like it was 1969. I don’t remember the husband as he was tending to the register.

It was vinyl only. The store was fairly organized but all the vinyl was displayed in U-Haul boxes – nothing fancy. I kept poking around through the bins and finding various prog albums sprinkled through out. Most of them looked interesting but I didn’t know what they were. I started a pile.

There was one particular French band the owner said was like Magma but taken to the next level. Very rare. The name of the band was Khantus. Pronounced Khan-tuss (not Can-toos). Think “Wrath Of Khan”. This had me very interested and I asked if I could hear it. The shop owner declined. She said she can’t play it on Saturdays – too many people in the store and the music is much too intense. I have to come back on a weekday to hear it. Since I was from out of town I couldn’t return so I never got to hear it.

The dream was so vivid that when I woke up I went on Discogs to see if such a band existed. There is no record of a band named Khantus.

I freely relinquish all rights to the name Khantus. If any musician or band wants to use the name you are free and clear of any restrictions. A donation to your local animal orphanage in the name of Khantus would be appreciated but not required.

Khantus is by the way traditional Music from Bolivia

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I think it was in the US but in an unfamiliar city – everyone spoke fluent English so I guess I can rule out Brooklyn.

Yes....but in the dream....were you in your Underwear???
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Yes....but in the dream....were you in your Underwear???
    Don’t fantasize.

I was fully clothed I believe. I had my Tommy Johns on under my jeans.

Were Nimos and Tambos there?
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Were Nimos and Tambos there?
    or Ourgon and Gorgo ?
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Camples?
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Weirdly, last night I had a dream in a similar vein.

I don't have such a detailed remembrance of it, but I was definitely at a place with people (I think in a basement in someone's house) and discovered an album that was a John Zorn soundtrack. Being a zorn fanboy, I was surprised that I never heard of the album (or the film). I wish I could remember the name of the album/film, I think it had some 'z's in the name, but alas....I spent some large amount of time in dreamtime trying to find a way to play the album (and stumbling upon various dream bugaboos) but eventually I did manage to find a CD player/boombox and started it up. The small bit I heard I enjoyed...it was performed by a rather large band, starting off with a group of people playing various percussives (mainly woodblocks and metal bits). (Also, for some reason at this time, I remember seeing people play it, and it was made up as a fairly large production, but was presented as a slow motion black and white film reel type image. Anyway, I only got about 30-45 seconds of this, before something happened and I got distracted/woke up.

I did have to think about it a little bit upon wake up if this thing actually existed.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.