Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concerts you have no memory of

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    If I remember my Kansas history correctly, one of their re-unions (can't remember which) came about due to a tour of military bases in Europe.
    Really? Didn't know that. For the record, the Spinal Tap scene was reportedly inspired by early 80's Uriah Heep keyboardist John Sinclair (who was involved in Spinal Tap in it's early stages, he was the original Viv Savage) telling them of Heep playing a military base, so it apparently such things happened from time to time even before Spinal Tap's encounter with Lt. Hookstratten.

I seem to remember a Modern Drummer article on Phil Ehart that mentioned him putting a band together to play "classic rock" standards
    for military based overseas. I think this was during the downtime between Drastic Measures and Power. It wasn't called Kansas and there
    may have been some other "name" players of the day.

David Bowie’s closing set at Roskilde, 1996 (“Outside” era). I was completely obliterated. That’s festivals for you …

Thankfully I had a second chance the following year when he toured “Earthling” and played at another festival local to me (with PRODiGY, NEW MODEL ARMY, RATM, APOLLO440, HELMET, KORN) – and the Loreley gig from 1996 is on YouTube and remains one of the most amazing gigs I have ever seen and I’d like to think that the one I passed out on was similar.

Youth and young manhood is not a wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    I seem to remember a Modern Drummer article on Phil Ehart that mentioned him putting a band together to play "classic rock" standards
    for military based overseas. I think this was during the downtime between Drastic Measures and Power. It wasn't called Kansas and there
    may have been some other "name" players of the day.
    I think that was what I was thinking of, but it eventually led to the "Power" lineup of Kansas if I remember right.

I remember every concert I have ever attended. I don't, however, remember every woman I have slept with. I think that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    I remember every concert I have ever attended. I don't, however, remember every woman I have slept with. I think that's okay.
    Apparently, mountains didn't always come out of the sky.