Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concerts you have no memory of

Oh man... If I skip the fact of going to few local death metal bands, then I must say that I remember all of the concerts I've been to. I've never wanted to get drunk or high during the concert, because I came for the band. I can get wasted at home... I guess some may disagree with me when I look at others

[QUOTE=Dave the Brave;994908]Audience
    Cactus
    Rod Stewart
    Dec 9 1971 Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens.

I actually went strictly to see Cactus.

Rod had recently released Every Picture Tells a Story.

Unfortunately I drank a bottle of rum (26oz) and basically passed out before Cactus came on.

Woke up in time for Rod's encore, proceeded to toss my cookies all over the guy sitting in front of me and made a hasty exit before he noticed.

I was at that show Dave, I only remember Audience, and I came to see Rod the Mod! worked out well!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Concert Iíd like to forget I saw:

Journey - 1981

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Concert I’d like to forget I saw:

Journey - 1981
    Wow. I saw them in 1980, and they were fantastic. Hard to believe they fell so far in a year. Pretty sure I saw them in 1981 too. It wasn't as good as '80, but I don't recall it being terrible.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Concert I’d like to forget I saw:

Journey - 1981
    Really? I saw that tour and thought it was fantastic. Thin Lizzy opened. It was a killer double bill.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Really? I saw that tour and thought it was fantastic. Thin Lizzy opened. It was a killer double bill.
    Iím just not a Journey fan. I was in my fist year at SU and a friend and just wanted to see a show at the Carrier Dome. Iíve always been a little disappointed that this was my first concert - I think we missed the opener.

[QUOTE=adap2it;995956]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    Audience
    Cactus
    Rod Stewart
    Dec 9 1971 Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens.

I actually went strictly to see Cactus.

Rod had recently released Every Picture Tells a Story.

Unfortunately I drank a bottle of rum (26oz) and basically passed out before Cactus came on.

Woke up in time for Rod's encore, proceeded to toss my cookies all over the guy sitting in front of me and made a hasty exit before he noticed.

I was at that show Dave, I only remember Audience, and I came to see Rod the Mod! worked out well!
    Huge Cactus fan. Never saw them live. Obviously you didnít either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to see Chicago in San Francisco in December of 1977, accompanied by my brother. Brother provided some smokable stuff and only told me after I was pretty well baked that it contained a certain amount of opium, which pissed me off (and is, largely, why I have never smoked the stuff since). I don't remember much of the show.

I do, however, remember Bobby Lamm saying that he was happy because it was the last night of the tour and they were going home.

A little over a month later, Terry Kath was dead.

So I saw the last Chicago concert with Terry Kath, and I remember almost nothing of it. Grrrr!
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

From the early eighties concerts of my youth, even if I can't remember anything off the setlist I can usually remember at least what the stage looked like from where I was sitting. The only show I know I was at that I remember absolutely nothing from is UB40, either freshman or sophomore year of college. Actually there are two: the Psychedelic Furs, also from the same time period. No intoxicants at either show, just nothing anywhere in my brain.