Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PROG Magazine subscription issues

What's there to read about anyway.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I've bought a lot of things from the UK & Europe over the years, almost all of it sent via airmail. That which was sent surface mail took 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    What's there to read about anyway.
    Music is still being released.....reviewed.

Interviews can still be conducted. It would be interesting to check in with artists to see what they are up to. Or, how they are coping. I would like to hear the thoughts of the artistic community in these times rather than the musings of Covidiots spewing all the crap that make the nightly news. NPR has been doing a series of interviews with people called "What Keeps You Up At Night?" Granted, they may not be Earth-shattering but I can relate to some of their concerns....and some concerns I never considered. It would be interesting during "The Great Pause" to hear from artists their views on these times / their career ...

Really, the only thing that would be missing is concert reviews.....and even then, an online event can still be reviewed.....

It's even more important in trying times to maintain community.....and the upside of that could be a Stronger community after this passes.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Am in the same boat as everyone here, got maybe 4 issues through the first year of a two-year subscription, wrote to ask to cancel my sub at the halfway point if they're not going to give me what I paid for, here's their "answer."

Dear Mr Rosen,

Subscription Customer Number : A-S29852501

Thank you for contacting Magazines Direct.

Please be advised we have cancelled your subscription on expiry.

Unfortunately we do not offer refunds on subscriptions as we do not cancel immediately.

We can confirm your last issue will be the 125 edition.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Olivia Dillistone

Magazines Direct Customer Service

So in other words "we have stolen your $ for a year, we will continue to do so for the next year, then will cancel." Isn't that special?

Is Magazines Direct the company that acquired PROG Magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Am in the same boat as everyone here, got maybe 4 issues through the first year of a two-year subscription, wrote to ask to cancel my sub at the halfway point if they're not going to give me what I paid for, here's their "answer."

Dear Mr Rosen,

Subscription Customer Number : A-S29852501

Please be advised we have cancelled your subscription on expiry.

Unfortunately we do not offer refunds on subscriptions as we do not cancel immediately.

We can confirm your last issue will be the 125 edition.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Olivia Dillistone

So in other words "we have stolen your $ for a year, we will continue to do so for the next year, then will cancel." Isn't that special?
    Yes buyer beware!

Another correspondence again today with another person “here to help”. Again asking for my subscription receipts. To you Editorial Folks monitoring this thread....can you pass on to the Subscription Folks to “Drop the Mailman Stole your Magazines” crap?? They are just insulting us with this assumption that the missing magazines are an isolated incident. It’s obvious from this thread that there is Nothing Isolated about missing issues in the USA & Canada. The idea that there are hundreds of letter carriers looking for Prog magazines to steal is ludicrous. So yes, I’ll Again forward my receipts To Another customer service employee.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

last post is so true, My mailman has never stole my shindigs, or several cd or dvd orders i have recieved for the uk in the past 6 months .

Out of the clear blue sky, I opened my mailbox yesterday and there were 2 issues of Classic Rock in there. These are the first I have received since COVID started. I still have not received any Prog Magazine.

Missing 108-112. Recieved 110 and 111 today.

I stopped getting the physical version a couple of years ago - now I actually prefer reading it on the iPad and I can always get it the day it comes out. And all of the back issues are right there on the device. Currently reading the new issue "100 Greatest Prog Musicians of All Time". It's a great issue!

I was out of town yesterday so just got to my mailbox today and lo and behold there was an issue of Prog in there. First one since COVID. It is the Steven Wilson edition.

Had a chat with Geoff today...

We discuss his years with Yes including a look at the making of albums like Drama, Fly From Here, FFH Return Trip and Heaven and Earth. The current Yes album in the works is covered too. Also, we chat about the evolution of keyboards and synths and his use of many of them. His time with Trevor Horn in the Buggles comes up including the genesis of the 80s defining hit, "Video Killed The Radio Star" and where the band's name came from too. Geoff looks back on his favorite Yes songs to play on stage and memories of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame evening. We take a brief look at Asia too.

Received Issue #110 (Wakeman) and Issue #111 (Wilson) yesterday in the mail here on the West Coast USA. Both mailers had my Old Subscription number. 110 was the last issue of my old sub. and 111 is the first issue of my current sub.

I believe these didn't come from the 7/28/20 email but from the comments here on this thread that have been passed on to the Subscription Dept.

Anyway.....if you haven't received anything yet and you are on the West Coast of North America, you need to intervene and straighten out your subscription.

Still waiting for anything. Did get a email , seems like will not be getting 108,109 or 110. They said i would start getting issues with 111.

We can confirm we have received your order and the subscription has been processed. Delivery of magazines has commenced with the issue No 111.

Could you please forward the previous email order confirmation for your subscription or proof of payment. If payment has been made by Credit Card do not send these details via email. Please ensure only the first and last four digits of your Credit Card are visible.

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards
    Victor Kendall

overall i think im done with Prog. Tried of dealing with the people at future.

Nothing yet in my mailbox. Barnes and Noble still has just the Steven Wilson issue. They also had the Classic Rock issue featuring Deep Purple on the cover which I did pick up a copy.

Just got the Steven Wilson issue a couple days ago. He's sitting on the kitchen table, staring at the ceiling....

^ Marriage'll do that to you.

They've handled this badly. Still nothing since 107. Renewal time....NOT!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Marriage'll do that to you.
    True!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    Nothing yet in my mailbox. Barnes and Noble still has just the Steven Wilson issue. They also had the Classic Rock issue featuring Deep Purple on the cover which I did pick up a copy.
    Went to my B&N yesterday and found the same issues. Also went to the Future website and they STILL haven't updated my status even with all the communication we've had.....kinda like yelling at a millennial brick wall. Meanwhile.....Our missing issues keep popping up on Amazon and eBay at stoopid ($45.00) prices! I have a feeling I've been Screwed out of $176.00!

Remember a couple years ago when they threatened bankruptcy and Folks were sending Money in for the employees right before Christmas? Oh....what short memories there are.

Yeah Jerry....I'm looking at you......

yes last week did a alot of personal e mails. Overall they agreed that i should have recieved something by now.

I hope my email finds you well. Jerry has shared your experience with our subscription service to Prog. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this. I'm going to pick this up personally to try and improve this for you.

In order to look into this, please can you confirm for me which issues of Prog you've not received? I will then arrange for replacement copies to be dispatched, where we hold stock. Replacement issues will be sent to you via a faster service. Where we don't hold stock of a missing issue, I'll provide you with access to a digital edition and extend your subscription to compensate you. I' m also going to add you to our mail monitoring service which delivers your issues in an opaque bag for a few issues. This can reduce theft, which may not be the cause of non-delivery but it is worth trying.

Future Publishing implemented a new shipping service in July 2020 , as a response to the global uncertainty surrounding Covid-19. The new service is expected to add up to 3 weeks delivery to our previous shipping time of 2 weeks (so up to 5 weeks in total). However even with this extended time, you should have received many of your missing copies by now. We also stockpiled issues on-sale between April and June due to difficulties with distribution from the UK. Again, these were all dispatched by 17th August at the latest, so they should have arrived with you by now. We have received some feedback this week that some issues shipping into the US are now arriving , but as late as 10 weeks after dispatch. This means that any missing copies may still reach you , albeit later than we can justify to our subscribers .

We understand that this service isn’t sustainable for us as a publisher, and so we are conducting a full review of our long-term shipping options. It's likely that we will switch providers / shipping service into the US , to one that will offer a faster and more reliable service. We hope to have a new solution in place by November /December and then return to a more normal subscription service. Until this point we will do all that we can to get issues to you.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I hope we can make things better. You've shown us a lot of patience and I hope we can repay that. I'll wait to hear from you with the issues you are missing, then arrange dispatch of your replacement issues as quickly as I can.

Regards,
    --
    Alex Everill

Still waiting Alex...

My local Barnes & Noble seems to be getting their shipments in of Prog without any problems. Today on the music magazine rack they had Issue 112 (with Fish on the cover) which I promptly purchased.

Update. My Barnes & Noble got Issue #112 (fish cover) and all copies of #111 (SW) removed. So....the August 20th release of #112 made it here to the US on October 15. My subscription issue is STILL not here.
    Received an E-mail today from Future Publishing in the form of a customer service survey.....what a surprise ???? Are they expecting Gold Stars?
    I have received customer service e-mails from 4 folks at Future. All asked for more information and I provided it. NO ONE has since contacted me to say my issues are resolved.