Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PROG Magazine subscription issues

PROG Magazine subscription issues

Have not relieved Prog mag since march,#107. Wondering if anyone in the usa has been getting back issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ozric65 View Post
    Have not relieved Prog mag since march,#107. Wondering if anyone in the usa has been getting back issues.
    I got the recent one with Rick Wakeman on the cover delivered to Chicago. I do not subscribe, I ordered that one specifically off the website.

The Ed posted this on Facebook last month:

MESSAGE TO INTERNATIONAL PROG SUBSCRIBERS
    We are now in a position to update subscribers about their stockpiled back issues. These have now been cleared to be sent out. Future has over 130,000 magazines that will need to be sent out so the process is expected to take up to ten days to clear the backlog. The first batch will be sent out tomorrow.
    With air freight costs and surcharges still inflated, all magazines are being shipped out to the USA.
    Digital issues were supplied to subscribers where we had an active e-mail address.

You could always pop onto the FB page and message Jerry Ewing for an update.

I contacted them and they said they were sending the back issues. My last one was 107 March with Yes. They did not give me digital access. It's renewal time and I may not.
    Also, if you go to their website, it's changed hands. Can't update anything till September sometime.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

They sent me the digital editions of 108-111 but no digital or print edition of 112 with Fish on the cover.

I did pick up the print edition today of 108 with ELP on the cover at my local Barnes & Noble.

I still think this is a great mag. Glad it's still around.

I selectively purchase them from Burning Shed. Yeah, I know that's probably an expensive way to go, but I'm only interested in a few here and there. The Fish cover issue is in the post.

Nothing since around March, still being charged. Hopefully soon.

A MESSAGE FROM PROG MAGAZINE

We can only apologise for the lack of correspondence from the customer service team. Obviously they've been understaffed due to the COVID-19 pandemic but international subscribers should have received some information. So allow us to clarify the situation.

Issues 108, 109 and 110 were all stockpiled during the lockdown period because of increased and extortionate air freight costs. This should have been conveyed to subscribers in an e-mail, which they should have received. It may be that this e-mail went into SPAM folders, or it could be that subscribers opted out of receiving e-mails from Future Publishing when they opened their subscription. Anyway, that e-mail would have told subscribers we were stockpiling issues and digital editions were being sent out to cover the period subscribers would be without physical copies.

We are happy to announce that both normal service has resumed with subscription copies and they are being sent out to subscribers. Also the stockpiled copies have also begun to be sent out (there was a backlog of some 150,000 magazines so it is taking some time). So hopefully subscribers will start getting their copies of Prog in the post very soon.

Again, we can only apologise for the lack of information. Unfortunately it reflects badly on the editorial team although it is something we have no control over. Anyway, we hope this answers any queries.

If any subscriber did not get the digital editions and would still like them, then drop me an e-mail with your subscriber details to: prog@futurenet.com and I'll arrange for these to be sent out to you.

regards

Jerry Ewing
    EDITOR

Thanks for the update, Jerry! PE loves PROG!

arpobermoog
    Jerry,

Not really sure if we are being told the truth about our subscription's. I haven't received any issues of either Prog or Future Music since March, but have received many emails from the Prog Subscription Team with a different story each time. At first Issues 107 Yes, 108 ELP and 109 Genesis were being stored and are now being safely shipped in batches. We anticipate that these issues will arrive throughout August. This didn't happen. My next email said depending on which issues you are entitled to, expect to receive some or all of the following issues over the next few weeks (click the links below to view a temporary digital edition): I received a link to the digital issues 108, 109 and 110. But still no magazines. Next email said with this, we expect all future subscription issues to ship to you by sea freight, adding approx. two to four weeks to standard delivery times (local disruptions may affect delivery times). Well that didn't happen. Then in late July I was charged for my next batch of issues 111 Steven Wilson, 112 Fish and whatever issue 113 will be.

So next email said I'm sorry to read that you haven't been receiving your magazine. I have arranged for the relevant replacement/s to be dispatched. From the date of this email, please allow 3-5 working days for delivery in the UK; up to 21 days in mainland Europe and up to 28 days for other countries.

I trust there will be no further problems with delivery and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

For and on behalf of Future Publishing

So more emails to the company and today I received the Wakeman Issue 110 via Priority PP Swiss Post sent on August 5, 2020. i just went to the website to look at my account and found this.

You are arriving at mymagazine.co.uk because My Favourite Magazines has now closed. If you have an active subscription to one of Future’s magazine titles, we are in the process of moving your account to mymagazine.co.uk, and we anticipate that this process will be completed by 10 September 2020.

Please be aware that until this process is complete, you will be unable to access your account and manage your subscription through mymagazine.co.uk or myfavouritemagazines.co.uk.

After the 10 September 2020, you may need to register a new account on mymagazine.co.uk, and follow the simple steps to locate your subscription. From then on, you’ll be able to access your account and manage your subscription through mymagazine.co.uk. Rest assured, no other changes are being made to your subscription and you will continue to receive the magazine you have subscribed to for the full duration of your subscription.

No information on what's happening to my stored or the Steven Wilson and Fish issues. Looks like were out of luck on these issues. Also during the down time between now and September 10th they are going to charge us for the next batch of magazines.

So Jerry please stop giving us excuses. It looks like your company is closed and another company has taken it over. There are 150,000 Prog magazines setting somewhere in either England or Europe in storage and who knows what will happen to them. I'm sure storage isn't cheap and shipping isn't any cheaper. That doesn't include the Future Music issues and other magazines that are owed to subscribers.

So were all in this cluster together. Our company has going from 50 employees to 20 employees. Letting these people go who have worked with me for the last 20 years hasn't been easy. It keeps me awake at night. I've also lost my mom and younger brother to COVID19.

I also receive MusicTech and Sound On Sound and they haven't missed a single issue during this pandemic.

If your still involved with the magazines best of luck and just level with your old customers about what's happening. a little information is better than no information at all.

Time to cancel my subscription.

I will continue to purchase at the local shop as they appear.

have to agree with arpobermoog, he has had have the same problems as i have had. I also have sub with Shindig, and have received issues with no prroblem. Does seem like Prog is having some unknown problem going on.

Just waiting in Tacoma. They’ll show up sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ozric65 View Post
    Does seem like Prog is having some unknown problem going on.
    I heard that social distancing had caused a critical shortage of photos of tattooed musicians dressed in black standing next to each other and looking miserable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfrankie Valli View Post
    I heard that social distancing had caused a critical shortage of photos of tattooed musicians dressed in black standing next to each other and looking miserable.

There's nothing insidious going on. Future Publishing recently acquired TI Media and the change from MyFavouriteMagazines to MyMagazines was part of the process of the migration of the two companies subscription departments, which hopefully should result in a more efficient process. Stockpiled issues are being sent out, so hopefully you should get your magazines very soon. If you don't, then drop me an e-mail to prog@futurenet.com with your subscription details and I'll get it looked into for you.

I know speculation is at the heart of any forum, but as you can see, sometimes it's best to get your info from the source instead. ^^ The folks at PROG are a respectable bunch and always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Prog Magazine View Post
    There's nothing insidious going on. Future Publishing recently acquired TI Media and the change from MyFavouriteMagazines to MyMagazines was part of the process of the migration of the two companies subscription departments, which hopefully should result in a more efficient process. Stockpiled issues are being sent out, so hopefully you should get your magazines very soon. If you don't, then drop me an e-mail to prog@futurenet.com with your subscription details and I'll get it looked into for you.
    I subscribe to both Prog and Classic Rock in the U.S. I have not received an issue of either in a long time. Since the two magazines are under the same umbrella is the stockpile situation the same with both magazines?

Yes it is. Future Publishing made the decision to stockpile issues which are now being sent out. Your issues should be arriving imminently.

FYI Will be interesting, tried to log in to new site to manage my sub.Was unable to register due to not having the Sub number( last issue was back in march)

You won't be able to manage your subscription online until the migration is complete which should be September 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Prog Magazine View Post
    Yes it is. Future Publishing made the decision to stockpile issues which are now being sent out. Your issues should be arriving imminently.
    Thanks!

I received my Genesis issue 2 weeks ago, ordered as a single issue. Good job guys!