Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PROG Magazine subscription issues

received same email today. they are worried about me renewing my sub, and what it would take to get me to renew! Don't think they will like my response to the questions, 1 star across for all. Don't know where they sent all these issues, maybe the ship sank.

I couldn't believe they sent this:

"Hi Randall,

We hope our email finds you well.

The Prog subscription team would like your feedback on how we performed during the initial peak of the Covid-19 pandemic, to help us improve our service going forward.

We've put together a short survey, and we'd be grateful if you'd take the time to complete it:

TAKE THE SURVEY

Future Publishing had to adapt its Prog subscription service between March and July, during the initial peak of Coronavirus (Covid-19) – your feedback will help us improve our service.

Thank you in advance for your time,

The Prog Subscription Team"

Hahahahahahaha. Is it FU as here in the states or Toss Off?

Then issue 111 magically appears in my mailbox! The issue I bought at B & N a month ago. Guess I could sell it on EBay for $45.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I have received customer service e-mails from 4 folks at Future. All asked for more information and I provided it. NO ONE has since contacted me to say my issues are resolved.
    Maybe they just wanted the data for marketing purposes.

I got a survey from both Prog and Classic Rock today. I assume they are sending to all subscribers.

Had to laugh today. Received a e mail from Prog today,

Magazine Cover
    Your subscription is coming to an end

Dear Robert,

Your subscription is coming to an end but you don't have to miss latest news & reviews from the world of Prog rock.

Renew today for just $ 110.00 to continue'

Im still wondering when the last 6 issues are gonna be sent. Takes a lot of balls to ask for $100.

Well.....This mysteriously showed Sunday AM on my porch. Three back issues in a bag FULL OF WATER. This package has been SUBMERGED IN WATER! It hasn’t rained here. No explanation from the mysterious handler. The person delivering it must have known.....water ran out when opened and it was heavy as a brick! This just gets better and better. 06013D7E-B24C-424E-B516-2C0F4A0A2565.jpg
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

^ Paying for drying is extra.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

The ship really did sink!

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    The ship really did sink!
    In my career as a merchant seaman....occasionally a cargo hold would flood due to either leaky hatch covers or inattentive cargo mates Not sounding the cargo hold bilges for seawater. Lower stowed containers would flood....BUT, in all instances....an insurance claim would be filed....so, someone was monetarily compensated for this loss. I think it would be rats nest to figure out who was compensated.....but here, the magazine subscriber (me) will take it in the shorts! I still find it baffling that PROG would put out such a Fine publication and seek out the cheapest vendor to distribute its product! Someone in Senior Management needs a “Bitch Slap” for stupidity. They are Killing their own product! (And as stated above, a year ago magazines were arriving within Days of street date here in the USA)

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    What do you expect when they're featuring Fish?
    New album THE HIPCRIME VOCAB available now!
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    "Ide o zmes prog rocku, cosmic music, electronic music a classical music. Prekvapivá a dosť divoká hudobná jazda je vo výslednom efekte znamenitá." - Martin Slávik

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    What do you expect when they're featuring Fish?

Today's update. I'm still in contact with Douglas Purdom in Subscriptions at Future Publishing via weekly emails. My back issues #108 & 109 will not be filled. They are out of stock. He extended my subscription an additional 3 issues in 2022. As you can see above, #112 will need to be resent in a drier bag next time and I should soon see #113....the Sept 2020 issue in my mailbox soon.

None of this happened automatically so if You are a Subscriber you need to contact them to get it fixed. I reestablished my subscription and proved my address worked (I've received 2 packages now from Future so the chain has been restored) I was informed that a new shipper will take over with the Dec. 2020 issue.
    Not the best results BUT someone at Future is Still working with me to resolve issues. I hope someone there is saying "I Told You So" to the Bean Counter who makes the decision to go with the lowest bidder regarding Fulfillment.

PROG on........

I just had 2 more issues of Classic Rock show up today. Still no more issues of prog besides the 2 I recieved a few weeks ago.

well some good news , did receive 111 and 112 today. And were in good condition

Surprise! Surprise! My missing Prog issues arrived today here in the dry Arizona desert. The now out-of-print Genesis issue 109 and the Wakeman issue 110. In perfect shape with the CDs too. I'm all caught up now.

But NOT renewing my subscription.

PLOP! Issue #109 (Genesis) arrived yesterday! All by itself in a clear wrapper. So of the 6 missing issues (108 - 113) 3 (non-soggy) have arrived. We're getting there.....

Today a "Dry" replacement copy of Issue #112 (Fish) arrived. Still missing #108 (ELP) and #113 so 4 out of 6 resolved. Slowly, but Surely.

same her received wakeman issue today, and this week got 108, thankyou to Jerry. so so far have received 4 so far.

Not over yet. Just recieved an email today saying they will be deducting from my checking account to pay for the subscription that they and I agreed had been canceled, WTF! Is there anyone awake at the fing magazine?

PROG
    Attached Images Attached Images