Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PROG Magazine subscription issues

With another lockdown in the UK our subscription troubles will be continuing. The last issue that arrived by mail was 112 Fish. I had to buy 113 Greatest Prog Musicians and 114 Kate Bush at my local Barnes & Noble. Even though my subscription is supposed to be ongoing into the new year.
    Last edited by RandallB; 12-21-2020 at 01:02 PM.

received this email today, due to covid will have delays. Understand that, but they make it sound like i was getting issues on a regular basis, and far as digital not interested ,just not the way i read a magazine.at.

Dear Robert,

Date: 23rd December 2020

Important information regarding fulfillment of your Prog subscription.

In light of the evolving situation surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic in the United Kingdom, we wish to share with you the latest information regarding fulfillment of your print edition of Prog.

We have been informed about some short-term shipping interruptions due to temporary standstills being imposed on our typical delivery routes. As a result, your print edition of Prog might take a few days longer than usual to arrive.

Rest assured, Prog is working closely with its shipping partners to ensure that any delays to delivery are minimised. We’re committed to delivering your next issue to you as quickly as possible and you will receive all the issues you are expecting. You will also be emailed a digital edition of this delayed issue in January.

We ask for your patience and understanding if our service is slower than usual while we work with our shipping partners to get our magazines moving again.

Kind regards,

The Prog Subscription Team

Yup. Just got that email too. More delays??? You are already 3+ MONTHS late with each issue! Still waiting for Septembers #113.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

But they have it under control!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

To be fair to the team, they are even more challenged at the moment because of the pandemic variant over here.

It's caused massive blockage at the Dover port, with France having banned crossings for the last 48 hours. Things seem to be moving slowly now, but the backlog will be horrendous (thousands of lorries stuck for a third or fourth night), and this may also be having a knock-on effect on other forms of freight and shipping as companies scramble for alternative routes to get their goods abroad.

And we're all going into another severe lockdown, with mail services already struggling because of staff shortages due to testing positive.

I know it's frustrating waiting for back issues, but spare a thought for those lorry drivers forced to sleep in their trucks for 4 unplanned nights, with minimal food and facilities on site. Many are frightened to leave their vehicle in case they lose their place in the queue, and many will now not make it home in time to be with their families on Xmas day.

Yes.....The situation has been bad these past 2 Weeks......I'm talking about magazines shipped LAST SEPTEMBER....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Today received letter to remind me that my sub will end soon. Last chance to renew at special discount (110 /year).Prog must be crazy to think i would give any more money to them. I'm still waiting for all the issues after 112. Its sad that Prog is so poorly ran, It is a good magazine. I get dvd and cds from
    Burning Shed all the time with no problem. Have a sub to Shindig , any have received mostly on time.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    After reading this thread, you'd be crazy to subscribe or renew. I stopped about 4 or 5 years ago (when there was no issues with shipping) but I'd never jump back in now. I like the magazine quite a bit.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

I think I will NEVER see my 2 YEAR subscription arriving at my door. #113 has been out for 13 Weeks now an No One in the US (PE members) has seen a copy in the mailbox.

As much as I would prefer the physical copy, I have resorted to reading the magazine online using Pocketmags. I now have 7 issues in my library for which I pay $3 each, including the newest issue #116, Pink Floyd cover. I don't use their App but I can read online on all my devices.

There was one billing problem that I discovered with Automatic payment on Paypal but that was quickly addressed by Email with Pocketmags, (my money refunded) and I have since turned off automatic payments, which I didn't even know about.

I realize this does not help with the problems that you guys are having and I am not endorsing this for everyone, but for now it is working for me.

I have a pretty hefty pile of Prog magazines here and unfortunately some are still unread, and many are partially read. So for me it is easier and much more cost effective with the online issue to read or to not read or just save for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I think I will NEVER see my 2 YEAR subscription arriving at my door. #113 has been out for 13 Weeks now an No One in the US (PE members) has seen a copy in the mailbox.
    I did get 113 in the mail. But it arrived long after I already purchased a copy at my local Barnes & Noble.

I have been getting overseas shipments from Racket Records and AmazonUK without delay.

Interesting thing is that while Prog tries to explain their international shipping issues, the magazines that do arrive have a New Jersey postage paid address.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    Interesting thing is that while Prog tries to explain their international shipping issues, the magazines that do arrive have a New Jersey postage paid address.
    That's the black market mafia issues.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

My local Barnes and Noble closed today, sad about that.

The October issue of Prog just arrived in my mailbox this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Ooohh! Any good upcoming releases?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Issue #113 (9/25/2020) just arrived here today in Washington State. If October has reached Michigan....then maybe #114 (Kate) will be here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Ooohh! Any good upcoming releases?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Time to go out and rake some leaves.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Do people actually do that.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Just got my October issue of Classic Rock today in the mailbox.

I never got all the issues I subscribed for. However, I did receive an invoice begging for renewal. Funny how that has no problem getting through.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Yesterday I got a renewal invoice in the mail too. After earlier in the day purchasing #115 Jon Anderson at Barnes & Noble because nothing else has arrived from them.

I did notice there was enclosed a postage paid return envelope. They may be getting some choice words sent back from me.

I got the year end issue of Classic Rock in the mail yesterday. I have not gotten the year end issue of Prog yet. The classic rock issue is really good.

John Boegehold
    I'm in L.A. The last issue of Prog I received was #113 earlier this month. I understand the potential problems with international mail during the pandemic but not sure I buy that excuse. MOJO, also mailed from England seems to get here within 3 weeks while Prog takes 3-4 months if it shows up at all.