Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PROG Magazine subscription issues

if ya want a real fright, check out what they are asking for the back issues that have not been delivered on amazon. I was able to get a return email, AL they said was will be weeks before they can get to all the emails concerning non delivery of Progs.
    TIM - Time Inc Media

Thank you for your email.

Over the past two weeks we have upgraded our subscription database, which meant we only had look-up access only.

This has now been completed and we are currently working as fast as we can through the backlog of emails.

Please bear with us as this will take some time, but we are hoping to return to normal over the next few weeks.

We thank you for your patience.

** Please be aware email is not a secure environment. We take the security in protecting your privacy very seriously - please do not email or fax your credit card details **

I believe, if not mistaken, we contact our bank/credit union and stop payment.

I finally gave in and went to Pocketmags, 3 issues for 5 dollars. I hate reading online but I'm trying to get better. The free CD is not worth paying 15 dollars an issue, and I have found that when i get the print issue I bring it home and don't read it. Being online forces me to try and get through them because the issues come so fast. I fear that all these problems with distribution and subscriptions is just going to lead to the demise of the magazine which would be very sad as it really is a great read.

Just bought the issue at B&N with Steven Wilson/Porky Twee on the cover (Aug. 2020, lol). Not a fan of paying 15 bucks for a magazine, but, Steven Wilson.

I see #113 is available now on eBay (Oct 20)
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

So this is the response I received about the missing issues and I have to say this is not what I would call customer service. Basically they are telling me the issues I have paid for are lost (through no fault of mine) and it is my job to search for them. They could have given me the date of when they were shipped and if it was a long time ago offer to resend the lost issues. I would even have paid for them again. Also the newest issue was not received so is there an issue with all further issues?

hank you for contacting Magazines Direct.
    Having checked our records, we can confirm that your current subscription has been commenced with the Issue 111.
    We are sorry to hear that you have missed some issues. We have checked our records and can confirm all the issues have been despatched to you, and can only assume they have been lost within the postal system.
    Unfortunately, once the magazines have been handed over to The Royal Mail, we have no way of tracking this further as it has then entered the postal system.
    We would advise that you contact your local sorting depot to ensure there are no delays there.
    If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us.
    Kind regards
    Kellie Siers

Calling my credit union now to stop payment now.

Per my credit union I will have to cancel my debt card and get a new one. This is no cost but a minor hassle still. This thread is recommended reading for anyone considering a subscription...

Yeah....I just tried to log into my account and was told "It was not recognized"

Been a subscriber since 2014 and paid through 2022......................and they "lost" my Subscription.

Also sent them a Copy of my receipt from March showing I'm paid up through June 2022.

Will await the response.

**SAVE EVERY CORRESPONDENCE YOU GET FROM THESE PEOPLE** Especially when they erase their subscriber database.
    Last edited by Garyhead; 09-21-2020 at 02:49 PM.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

I don't want to cancel my subscription but if they can't mail me my magazines and I have no use for digital....

None.

What am I to do?
    The Prog Corner

Just received an email, they are canceling my subscription per my request.

Maybe they're trying to drive business to the B&Ms. Not that that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Just received an email, they are canceling my subscription per my request.
    Is the play-by-play really necessary?

Reading it is not required

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I was able to access my Prog subscripton online. The last issue I actually received by mail was #107. Their web page of my subscription at a glance shows issues 108 through 112 as having been delivered. To who? The guy in NYC selling these missing issues on Amazon for $40 to $45 each? It also says "Missing an issue? We'll happily send you a replacement." Then the button to claim a missed issue doesn't work. Absurd!

Did I miss again? I think I missed again! Oh, oh!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Well it’s a thread about ongoing subscription issues so what do you expect to happen?

To help clear up any confusion, I changed the thread title as to save others the agony of being forced to read something that doesn’t apply to them.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Ok. Here's what I have gleaned from all this. (Post #11 is spot on)

They migrated the subscriber database. My subscription was deleted.
    They Changed Everybody's Subscription #.....but didn't tell anyone.
    I have sent a copy of my current receipt (June 2020 to June 2022) and they seem to now recognize my Current subscription...and they were kind enough to tell me what my Subscription number is now.
    Now they want Proof of my previous Subscription June 2018 to June 2020! HA! Little did they know I KEEP all correspondence from these people for situations like this (had a problem a few years ago when they "lost" my information)
    They needed this to be able to send #108, 109 & 110 under my last subscription.

So, regardless of all the BS e-mails since March 2020......If you are a subscriber, you Need to contact them and get your new # and sort out this mess....It Will NOT happen automatically. I too waited this long thinking it would take care of itself but that isn't gonna happen. Three days ago, they never heard of me. (and I've been a continuous subscriber since 2014)

Thanks to the Mods for keeping this thread going....I started the Progression Thread a few months ago and finally got a response that the Magazine is dead. The publisher made good (in my opinion) of sending me back issues in lieu of the remainder of my subscription.

It was time to see if my PROG Magazine subscription was dead....and it was....I needed to intervene to revive it.

To all you USA Subscribers, I'll post again when (if) my Back Issues arrive.

Gary T.
    Left Coast USA

Was just give access to digital issues for Apple device only. Was also informed not getting any print issues...sorry.

Opps, failed to mention, I do not own an Apple device.

Went to B & N today ,they had the steven wilson issue in stock. I have received responses' from the web site, but never address the the issue of not receiving my issues since 107.Every email they have send so far have been lies, like you should get the 3 issues that held in a warehouse over the month of aug, and here sept is soon over, I did think of buying the new issue but just refuse to buy something i already paid for. More and more i think my reading prog again will be history, until i receive all i paid for will nerver spend another dime for anything put out by the future brand.

My last issue received was 107 (Roger Dean) sometime way back when. Was told I'd be getting a backlog shipped. Another 4 weeks later.....nuthin'!
    My subscription is probably up by now. If Barnes and Noble still carry this, I may pick one up in the future if it looks interesting. Don't think I'm renewing.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

These guys are going to be out of business by the time this fiasco runs it's course.

Received communication today. Promised again that I will receive back issues BUT there is a possibility that there are No More copies of #108 & #109.

PE is seldom a place where everyone universally agrees ON ANYTHING!.....funny that On This Thread....Everyone (USA & Canada) agrees that they have not seen a copy of PROG in their mailboxes since 107 in March. No One has received back issues promised in July. This is probably the only place where PROG customers can gather and compare notes without edit.

I think that fabled stack of 150,000 copies of PROG have been shipped to that warehouse where Indy's Ark Of The Covenant is stored.

Like they say on Social Media....."photos, or it didn't happen"

Hey, I'm still giving them the benefit of doubt......but I don't buy the shipping issue. I spent 25 years as a merchant seaman....We hauled mail around the world. Crossing the Pacific Ocean by ship takes 9 days. Crossing the Atlantic Ocean by ship takes 5 days.....I don't buy 8 Weeks! Even 4 Weeks is a stretch! Maybe some of you Postal Workers can chime in.....are there Stacks of mail that just sit around your station for weeks?

6 months before the pandemic.... PROG was doing a Bang-Up job of delivery.....I was getting my issues delivered to my door on the West Coast USA 10-14 DAYS after street date....that was quite an improvement over the 4-6 Week delivery earlier. That's why I renewed in March....

Yes....it is strange that #108 & 109 are selling on Amazon for $40.00+ and eBay for $28.00