Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lifesigns: new album "Altitude" pledge campaign

Lifesigns: new album "Altitude" pledge campaign

Greetings,

Lifesigns is in the process of recording their new (and third) studio CD "Altitude" and has started a pledge campaign via their website (www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk) to fund its recording. Like Marillion, they are doing this in-house.

Recording is well under way and they plan to release the cd on December 1st. There are a variety of payment tiers/products starting at 20 pounds sterling.

From what I've gathered from various sources, tunes to be included are: Last One Home, Ivory Tower, Gregarious, Fortitude, Infin8 and the 15-minute, epic title track.

The line-up for this cd is: John Young (keys/vocals), Dave Bainbridge (guitar and possibly additional keys), Jon Poole (bass/vocals) and Zoltan Csorsz (drums).

Brett Wilde is once again providing the artwork.

There's also a "subscriber zone." For a monthly fee of 1 pound (you can pay more if you choose), one or two videos a month have been loaded since May where you can see/hear how the tracks are taking shape.

John is a great guy and Lifesigns certainly scratches the classic English comfort prog itch.

If this is your cup of tea, hop on over to their website and pledge! : )
    Last edited by dregsfan; 08-18-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks, I'll head over to that site, and I'll be in for something. I was afraid they might be packing it in.

Edit: OK, I went for a signed CD & a T-Shirt. Fair warning - The postage is brutal. Seems to be the new normal.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 08-15-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Thanks, I'll head over to that site, and I'll be in for something. I was afraid they might be packing it in.

Edit: OK, I went for a signed CD & a T-Shirt. Fair warning - The postage is brutal. Seems to be the new normal.
    Many thanks for your pledge. As it states in the FAQ, and on the email you received when ordering, our postage algorithms are rather crude and tend to overestimate when people are ordering multiple items, especially from mainland Europe. We always compare the postage paid with the actual charge and refund any excess after the item is posted.

Also, a warning for anyone buying goods to be shipped from the UK to the US, not just from us but from any source: Last month parcel charges were increased substantially and it now costs more to ship to the US than to anywhere else in the world. Carriers are blaming it on increased costs at the US end. This doesn't affect small items such as CDs, which we can still send for £5, but it does make shipping vinyl and T-shirts a lot more expensive.

Julie (Lifesigns website and merch)
    Last edited by Julie; 08-16-2020 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Add more detail

Pledged! Not much we can do about the shipping costs, but I’m happy to support the band.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm in for the signed CD. Super excited to hear Zoltán's return to prog!

Went for the signed CD and name in the credits. I didn't even notice the T-Shirt option.

Even back in my Thieves' Kitchen days, it worked out considerably cheaper to actually fly over to the US from the UK with a load of CDs, T-shirts and stuff and either post them over there or (in our case) send them all on to a kind fan who dealt with existing and future orders. Only once was I stopped by customs, who let me through with them when I told them that they were promo copies...

I'm guessing CD sales now are appreciably lower than they were when I last did that in 2008. but it made for a nice - and effectively free - trip Stateside! Who knows though what airfares will be like when some kind of normality resumes...

The track list for the new cd Altitude was announced today. Release date target is December 1st.

1) Altitude 15:18
    2) Gregarious 4:38
    3) Ivory Tower 7:42
    4) Shoreline 7:38
    5) Fortitude 10:07
    6) Arkhangelsk 0:57
    7) Last One Home 6:14
    8) Altitude (reprise) 1:50

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by dregsfan View Post
    The track list for the new cd Altitude was announced today. Release date target is December 1st.

1) Altitude 15:18
    2) Gregarious 4:38
    3) Ivory Tower 7:42
    4) Shoreline 7:38
    5) Fortitude 10:07
    6) Arkhangelsk 0:57
    7) Last One Home 6:14
    8) Altitude (reprise) 1:50
    Please have a 24bit WAV or FLAC. This album is going to be too good to listen to any other way. I preordered the download and have my fingers crossed.

MP3 will be the default download, but you can request FLAC.

Release date for CD and download now December 7th. Vinyl will be late January/early February.

Anyone who pre-ordered Altitude got a download link to the whole album (in MP3) today.

I've spun it once and it sounds fantastic.

^I enjoyed my first listen to it. Many more coming.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Nice. That reminds me, I've had Cardington for a year or more but still haven't listened to it.

Gonna correct that now.

^ I love that one.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I love that one.
    It's good! No idea why I waited so long to listen..

Enjoyed Altitude on first listen, but need to give it a few more plays.

If you like Lifesigns' previous output, Altitude will not disappoint. I feel like John Young's vocals get better with each album, and they really shine here. And the guitar work is just sublime.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^I enjoyed my first listen to it. Many more coming.
    Same here. Only been able to listen while working, but looking forward to hearing it while actually able to pay a bit more attention. Excellent effort it would seem based on that limited listening.

The album is stunning. Possibly their best? Some nice mellow passages this time and some tasty guitar solos. A brilliant effort by the band, currently on repeat plays.

I've got this ordered and on the way. Most interested to hear how Zoltan Csörsz sounds in his return to prog drumming. Does his style fit in this band well?

Ordered the cd tonight, and got the download to enjoy whilst working tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Please have a 24bit WAV or FLAC. This album is going to be too good to listen to any other way. I preordered the download and have my fingers crossed.
    Well, if you received the MP3 download and contact them (via the website) and ask for the FLAC download you will be very happy.

There's a teaser video on Youtube with excerpts from the first two tracks. Unfortunately, I don't know how to copy/paste a link.

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Well, if you received the MP3 download and contact them (via the website) and ask for the FLAC download you will be very happy.
    Thanks for the tip. Just emailed them. This album begs to be heard in 24bit. Its glorious