Thread: Tachika Live Yes CDs

Tachika Live Yes CDs

Just got back from a business trip to Dallas where I had some downtime and was able to spend a couple of hours at Josey Records. Looking thru the Yes CD section, I found about 20 Live Yes sealed bootlegs from Tachika. They spanned the 2010, 2000, 1990, 1980 decades with decent artwork on what I assume are CD-Rs. They were priced $15 to $20 each. Anyone here have experience with Tachika bootlegs?

I believe I have a Genesis live bootleg by Tachika from around the period of Genesis Live (c1972, maybe?). It's decent enough, if memory serves.

Ahh yes, Tachika... the 'label' from 'Japan' (and not at all made in a garage in California).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Yeah, the CD I got was before I knew what Tachika actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Yeah, the CD I got was before I knew what Tachika actually was.
    I have one that I got many years ago, before I knew what Tachika was (or wasn't, to be more precise). It's actually a pretty great Tull show from January '72 with an early Thick As A Brick and the rare song (at that time) Tomorrow Was Today.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Just got back from a business trip to Dallas where I had some downtime and was able to spend a couple of hours at Josey Records. Looking thru the Yes CD section, I found about 20 Live Yes sealed bootlegs from Tachika. They spanned the 2010, 2000, 1990, 1980 decades with decent artwork on what I assume are CD-Rs. They were priced $15 to $20 each. Anyone here have experience with Tachika bootlegs?
    Anything Yes you find in a bootleg shop is also very likely available at yessongs.nl for free download. The yessongs site has even been sort-of endorsed by the band... So unless the packaging is really well done (I don't know Tachika quality) and that kind of thing is important to you, I would save my money.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Don't know why anyone would pay for ROIOs in this era. There are hundreds on Yes shows on dimeadozen. Gratis. Artwork included.

The packaging are low quality paper/graphics card-sleeves, the medium are CD-Rs, there are no booklets, so unless it is a very rare set (most are not) I'd look for a more professionally assembled item.