Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PROGDAY 2020 UPDATE

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Sorry to read that last line Xavier! Hope they recover quickly and that you and the rest of the band can remain in good health.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

How about putting the shows on DVD-R and selling them? I'd be all over that. They would be snapshots in time, not intended as professional video statements. I bet there would be interest, as this is a most excellent line-up.

Tickets procured and the waiting begins anew.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Sorry to read that last line Xavier! Hope they recover quickly and that you and the rest of the band can remain in good health.
    That's so kind ! Thanks a lot. We'll do the show !

High of 82 degrees on Sunday in Chapel hill.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Really enjoyed this two day experiment though it was a bit odd. Was great to see so many familiar names in the chatroom and had plenty of entertaining banter. Didn't see how many people attended but seemed to be a fair few, hope it was successful for ProgDay and the artists.

My personal favorite acts were
    Stop Motion Orchestra - experimental instrumental played outdoors on the deck
    Vak - modern Zeuhl focused on keys and an excellent vocalist
    Hooffoot - heavy fusiony instrumental with guest violinist and trombone, grooved as hard as anyone
    Ghost Rhythm - instrumental avant jazz

I also enjoyed
    Vespero - Russian Space Psyche that grooved
    Les Évadés - jazzy folky cinematic music featuring violin & cello

Mad Fellaz weren't for me, Italian, Fusion, Zappa, Allman hybrid with a soso vocalist who played for about 2 hours which was at least 45 minutes too long. Others seemed to love them.

Didn't see Gnarbot.

Congrats to Michael, ProgDay and the ProgStock people who set it up. Was much better than anyone had a right to expect in these interesting times.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Congratulations on what appears to have been a successful ProgDay event, you guys

I didn't realise Dev and company played. I was really sorry to miss it, in any case. It was nice to check in though and see that many did attend.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...