Thread: Church of Hed LIVE stream video now available?!

Church of Hed LIVE stream video now available?!

Yes, this past Saturday I performed a live concert streamed on Facebook. It was the first time I've played "out" publicly since 2004. Good times.

I touched on the more recent Church of Hed releases as well as a couple older Quarkspace classics. Even did a drum solo as a tribute to Neil Peart (fueled by a spot of The Macallan.) It was the first time in 30 years doing a drum solo. Had to for Neil.

Here's a link to the Facebook video:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=325580918475146

Here's the set list:

0000 Partial Awkward Silence
    0055 Blah Blah Blah

0146 Sandstoned
    1312 Hooker Cut
    2311 New Interlude
    2619 Brandenburg Heights Part 1
    4612 Flying Teapots Over The Alleghenies
    5014 Pavlovian Causeway (Quarkspace) (Tribute to Florian Schnieder)
    5700 Drum Solo (Tribute to Neil Peart)
    6242 Recaesarian (Quarkspace)

7232 More Blah Blah Blah

Obviously skip ahead to the 1:46 mark to miss the awkward silence, etc at the beginning. I generally blab too much throughout. Kinda nervous. From a synth standpoint, the Moog Sub37 and Make Noise 0-Coast carry the weight, with the Waldorf Streichfett string synth also highly involved. I also have versions of each song in the set recorded earlier with theoretically better sound. I will be posting those on YouTube over the next few weeks, as well as an improved version of the live Facebook stream.

Support us at Bandcamp: https://quarkspace.bandcamp.com
    Virtual Tip Jar: https://paypal.me/quarkspacehed
    Subscribe to our videos: https://youtube.com/quarkspacehed <--- plan on posting more content here moving forward.

As always, thanks for listening!
    Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I meant to listen to this live, and bummed that I dropped the ball! I’ve been listening to some of your releases as I’ve been going through my CD collection, and enjoying it. I’ll watch the video and try to buy something. Glad you enjoyed distancing socially!

The Nefarious Jed (Levin)

Thanks for the shares, Jed! Feel free to share the video around as well.

Over the next few weeks I am working on an updated version of the live stream with better audio. Going to try it in Reaper if the CODECs work. The same with the other videos of the individual tracks from the set. I will add those to this thread when I finish them.
    Quarkspace on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths

As promised, here's an update as I published the definitive version of the recent Church of Hed live performance to YouTube.

It features remastered audio, convenient text captions, and the strategic application of freaky video effects in a couple of spots.

Check it out and subscribe to our YouTube channel if so inclined.

Quarkspace on Facebook

The eons are closing
    Your old friends from Influx (Orion Sound 1997) wish you the best! Just spun Drop less than a month ago!

Keep up the good stuff!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Your old friends from Influx (Orion Sound 1997) wish you the best! Just spun Drop less than a month ago!

Keep up the good stuff!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, man. I don’t plan on stopping!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

When preparing for my recent Facebook live stream, I videoed the individual tracks from the set while simultaneously recording the stereo mix through all my outboard mastering gear. This week I proceeded to manually sync the audio to the video for one of these videos, a track from our upcoming album, The Father Road, which is a surreal trip along the Lincoln Highway. It's the sequel to the earlier Hed album, Rivers of Asphalt, which trips the surreal along Route 66. The sonics are great, you can hear the camera mic with the obvious central air running in the studio at the beginning, and then the stereo board mix kicks in.

Expect more of these over the next couple of weeks. I am planning another live stream for later next month, with a stronger dose of Quarkspace this time out.
    Quarkspace on Facebook

As promised, here's another live video. This time out I covered an old Quarkspace track, Pavlovian Causeway, from Drop. Again, this features a board mix as well as a similar synth lineup as the Flying Teapots tune. The beat was done nearly two decades ago in Vaz Modular, a software synth that sadly appears to be no longer available. (Perhaps from a surreptitious source?)

Remember, Drop remains a free download on our Bandcamp page (link in my sig). The debut Church of Hed album is as well.

Thanks for listening!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

A fresh video of a piece now called Escapist Interlude For A Pandemic.

Ye Streichfett providing comfort per usual.

Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's another live in-studio Church of Hed video; this time it's an extended version of the title track of our 2018 album, Sandstoned. Once again, this take uses 24-bit audio run through my outboard studio mastering gear with a little bit of the camera mic. I also added some color inversion vid efx when the drumming starts.

I've got one more of these videos to do (maybe 2), and then the focus shifts to a new live set. I am unsure if I will do a Facebook stream of the full set, since the sound quality of the last few videos is so much better. Either way expect a stronger dollop of older Quarkspace material in addition to the Church of Hed stuff. I will post a new thread when that happens, likely later next month.

Thanks for watching and listening!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's another live in-studio performance from July -- likely the last one*. This time out I cover Quarkspace's Recaesarian, from the Spacefolds 5 album. Tap your feet in 5/8!

* - I've got a version of Brandenburg Heights Part 1 on video. Some parts are great, others are not. I may release an excerpts video, possibly with video effectery, but working on the new set (and the new album) are my priorities. Thanks for watching and listening!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

I also crafted a YouTube playlist encapsulating all the July in-studio performances, including the live stream. Of course, it would be nice if YT provided a thumbnail denoting this is from a playlist. Oh well! Thanks for viewing, yo.

Quarkspace on Facebook