Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish - Garden of Remembrance (new single & video)

Fish - Garden of Remembrance (new single & video)

From his forthcoming album, this is so moving:

Great video. I have pre-ordered the album and like everything he has released from it so far.

The eons are closing
    I had stopped purchasing after Fellini Days....
    perhaps once more for old times sake then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

This actually made me shed a tear. Haven’t bought any of his albums after Internal Exile.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I had stopped purchasing after Fellini Days....
    perhaps once more for old times sake then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    You are missing some good albums. Personally I thought Fellini Days and Raingods with Zippos were pretty weak. But if like this song, then checkout Field of Crows and A Feast of Consequences. Both are wonderfully written songs with poignant lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    You are missing some good albums. Personally I thought Fellini Days and Raingods with Zippos were pretty weak. But if like this song, then checkout Field of Crows and A Feast of Consequences. Both are wonderfully written songs with poignant lyrics.
    "Feast" was especially good. Best album he has done in years IMO.

I will add to the chorus, Feast of Consequences was excellent. If you're planning on getting this one, pick up Feast now to hold you over until this drops.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I prefer Thirteenth Star over Feast.

I watched the video last night, and that moment with the solitary tear was very moving.

I'm not entirely sure what the background to the song is - failed relationships, regrets, coming to terms with getting old and letting the past go? - but i'm of that age that I felt similar thoughts as I looked into Fish's face.

I haven't bought any of his albums since Zippos, but as this is his last one coming up, I might go for it, as it feels like he's bowing out on a creative high.

Interestingly, my wife heard the song from the next room and came in asking who it was and commenting on how much she liked it. A far cry from 1996 when she slept in the car outside the hall, while I watched Fish perform with a certain Mr Wilson inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    I watched the video last night, and that moment with the solitary tear was very moving.

I'm not entirely sure what the background to the song is - failed relationships, regrets, coming to terms with getting old and letting the past go? - but i'm of that age that I felt similar thoughts as I looked into Fish's face.

I haven't bought any of his albums since Zippos, but as this is his last one coming up, I might go for it, as it feels like he's bowing out on a creative high.

Interestingly, my wife heard the song from the next room and came in asking who it was and commenting on how much she liked it. A far cry from 1996 when she slept in the car outside the hall, while I watched Fish perform with a certain Mr Wilson inside.
    Its about Dementia, I think both Fish's parents suffered from it, the full details are below the video on Youtube.

Is the gorgeous little honey his daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    Interestingly, my wife heard the song from the next room and came in asking who it was and commenting on how much she liked it.
    My wife had the same reaction. I think she's finally coming around. She even said she liked a Tull video I played the other day.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

If anyone hasn't tuned in for the live "Fish on Friday" facebook events (6.30 pm UK time every Friday) they are superb. He's been doing them weekly since early April and is up to number 18 now, I think.

Fish chats away for a couple of hours or so each time & plays a tune or two from the upcoming CD, and more recently, older material. Its just like being down the bar with a very chatty friend, where he talks at length about everything & anything .... the members of various bands he's met with over the years / parties he's been to / making of albums etc etc .... they're incredibly informal but very entertaining.

All previous videos are on his FB page - https://www.facebook.com/pg/derek.dick/videos/ and well worth watching!

^ Are they on YouTube?

Yes, they seem to be https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...fish+on+friday

That said, they can be watched on FB without logging in.

^ OK, thx.

Lovely video, very touching.

"Everything ends... and that's sad. But then, everything starts again... and that's happy. Be happy..."

Wow - this song is fantastic! I don't have the words to express. Similar emotions and raising awareness for dementia like Spectral Mornings 2015 did with Parkinson's.

I noticed that it says this is from Fish final solo album. Is there a post where he wrote about this decision to retire from recording and performing?

Absolutely stunning. First listen was "huh", but then on second listen I paid attention to the lyrics. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by zzorchering View Post
    If anyone hasn't tuned in for the live "Fish on Friday" facebook events (6.30 pm UK time every Friday) they are superb. He's been doing them weekly since early April and is up to number 18 now, I think.

Fish chats away for a couple of hours or so each time & plays a tune or two from the upcoming CD, and more recently, older material. Its just like being down the bar with a very chatty friend, where he talks at length about everything & anything .... the members of various bands he's met with over the years / parties he's been to / making of albums etc etc .... they're incredibly informal but very entertaining.

All previous videos are on his FB page - https://www.facebook.com/pg/derek.dick/videos/ and well worth watching!
    Agree, I have sat in on parts of several of them and they really are fun. Fish can talk and talk and talk and never get boring or run out of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Wow - this song is fantastic! I don't have the words to express. Similar emotions and raising awareness for dementia like Spectral Mornings 2015 did with Parkinson's.

I noticed that it says this is from Fish final solo album. Is there a post where he wrote about this decision to retire from recording and performing?
    Not sure if there is a post here, but he has been saying for quite a while that this is it. Last album and last touring cycle. I believe he plans to write an autobiography after that.

And here's the Making Of video which is very interesting.

That making of video was very interesting. I would never have known that room was just a model. Amazing.

Very emotional song. Excellent lyrics.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Very emotional song. Excellent lyrics.
    Agreed, but am I the only one who thinks this sounds like it could have been on Vigil ?