Thread: The Devil Doll

The Devil Doll

Hi!

Any love here for the Devil Doll project? It is hard to call them a band because in my opinion they are so much more! I love their albums but the truth is I can't listen to them one by one as they are too unsettling. Seriously, the are engaging but creepy. It is a great adventure to just listen and let your imagination paint the pictures and see what your head can create. Sometimes it is can be quite scary to see what you can come up with. Non the less it is a great piece of music.

Below my favorite, Dies Irae. Enjoy!

No, "The," but yeah, they remain among my very favorites from the 90s. I wish Mario would have continued, but maybe the studio fire took the starch out of him, idk. A comeback would be welcome also, but despite many fans, there's no indication that Mario has any interest in reviving Devil Doll, at least not any that I've heard.

I got those Devil Doll Albums still somewhere but its been ages since I last played them.

They've always been a bit different and Mr. Doctors vocals were a bit of 'an acquired taste', like Golem joined a rock band.
    I always considered them to be good but never really great. Eliogabalus was my favorite rekkid by them. Need to replay it once.

Mr Doctor was too silly to be scary. I liked some of the music but most every album was predictable. The band plays some cool stuff, but then stops while Mr Doctor shrieks and whispers over arpeggio piano. Then the band plays and stops and Mr Doctor does his thing again. The artwork was awesome though.

Hell Yesssssss!!