Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Eddie Jobson live album

New Eddie Jobson live album

From Eddie's "Fan Community" on Facebook:

"...on August 28th he is releasing a double-CD compilation of concert performances, entitled “Eddie Jobson - Live.” This 21-track release will include performances from Poland, Russia, and the U.S.; along with a number of tracks from the “Ultimate Zero Tour - Live,” which was only released in Japan. This fully remixed and remastered set will also contain songs from the 2010 U-Z Project concert in Whittier, CA, and the first Jobson-Wetton reunion.

Guest musicians on this release include: Marc Bonilla, Alex Machack, Marco Minnemann, Mike Mangini, Greg Howe, Simon Phillips, Trey Gunn, TJ Helmerich, Billy Sheehan, Ric Fierabracci, Tony Levin, and special appearances by John Wetton.

Don't miss out on owning a copy of this limited-edition, so that you can always relive the excitement of EJ's live performances.

We will post links here to pre-sale outlets when they become available on Burning Shed and Amazon."

I am kinda surprised to see Wetton included on the set considering all of the legal action from his estate, but could be a real good set. Anxious to see the track listing.

I am not sure what happened to the rest of the series that was to follow "1971-1979 The Band Years":
    1980-1989 The Solo Years
    1990-1999 The Scoring Years
    2000-2009 The Eclectic Years
    2010-2019 The Retrospective Years
    Last edited by Dan Roth; 07-25-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    This looks interesting.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

The Zealots Lounge mentions almost the same info:

August 28, 2020 sees the release of “Eddie Jobson – Live,” a double-CD compilation of live tracks recorded at various concerts in Poland, Russia, Japan and the U.S. The recordings are from assorted solo and U-Z Project tours, including the Ultimate Zero tour, the Jobson-Wetton reunion (technically U-Z Project gigs), the Four Decades shows and the last U-Z CalProg show in Whittier, CA.; there are twenty-one remixed/remastered tracks in all. Guest musicians include Marc Bonilla, Alex Machacek, Marco Minnemann, Mike Mangini, Greg Howe, Simon Phillips, Trey Gunn, TJ Helmerich, Billy Sheehan, Ric Fierabracci, Tony Levin and, of course, special guest appearances by John Wetton.

The track list features the some of the best performances of UK material, including ‘Nevermore;’ also ‘Starless’ (King Crimson), ‘Awakening’ (Mahavishnu Orchestra), ‘Bitches Crystal’ (ELP) and many more. Again, this will be a limited-edition release – available from Amazon, Burning Shed, Disk Union (Japan) and other retailers.
    I wonder if there's material on it which wasn't released before. I mean, a real fan could have bought those Japanese releases very easily; this is not 1980.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Of most interest to me would be the stuff from the tour prior to the Wetton reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Of most interest to me would be the stuff from the tour prior to the Wetton reunion.
    I guess you mean after the Ultimate Zero Tour (https://www.discogs.com/Eddie-Jobson.../master/498992), with Bozzio on drums?

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I guess you mean after the Ultimate Zero Tour (https://www.discogs.com/Eddie-Jobson.../master/498992), with Bozzio on drums?
    Well, the tour I saw had Minnemann and Phillips. I was aware of that release, but never saw it at a price low enough to want to risk getting something featuring Jobson's questionable attention to sonic detail. The new one seems like it might be worth a shot, but I'd like to know more about it.

If memory serves, Gunn was a fill-in for someone (Bernier, maybe?), and it worked out great.

The only thing i need are the two soloalbums LIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Jobson's questionable attention to sonic detail.
    I thought it was decided that everyone else's sound systems were questionable.

Boy, how many times can this guy repackage his catalog? I consider him to be a lost talent who had so much potential, but never lived up to it and was content to rest on past laurels. Maybe I'll listen to Zinc (the green one) and reflect on what might have been.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Boy, how many times can this guy repackage his catalog? I consider him to be a lost talent who had so much potential, but never lived up to it and was content to rest on past laurels. Maybe I'll listen to Zinc (the green one) and reflect on what might have been.
    The updated UKZ put out an EP that was really night. I happened to listen to Green last night - pretty decent. Not as strong but I like Theme of Secret too.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I would enjoy a recording of the short lived 2012 MK 2 line up of UK. I have a boot from the Vic in Chicago, opening night. What a great show.

How many times can you rehash the same material?

^ Depends on how much hash your listeners have.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    No Gary Husband means no NEARfest Apocalypse tracks.
    Chad

Tracklisting from Burning Shed:

Disc 1:
    1. Alaska
    2. The Only Thing She Needs
    3. Awakening
    4. Nevermore
    5. Rendezvous 6:02
    6. Ice Festival
    7. Theme of Secrets
    8. Prelude
    9. Presto Piano
    10. In The Dead of Night
    11. By The Light of Day
    12. Presto Vivace
    13. In The Dead of Night - Reprise

Disc 2:
    1. Announcement (EJ)
    2. Bitches Crystal
    3. Violin/Stick Duo
    4. Red
    5. Carrying No Cross
    6. Starless
    7. Caesar’s Palace Blues
    8. Forever Until Sunday

I would be more interested in a recording from his Emerson/Wetton tribute tour with Bonilla.

That is a nice setlist. I saw every incarnation of the various-named UKZ/UZ/UK/Jobson-Wetton tours except for the Fallen Angels tour with Bonilla, either in Philly or NYC. Some of the best shows I have seen. I think I am in for this one.

Tracklisting from Burning Shed:

Disc 2:
    1. Announcement (EJ)
    "Please do not record any of the concerts in either audio or video form. Professional level cameras will also not be permitted as the performers are finding photographers' movements to be distracting "

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I would be more interested in a recording from his Emerson/Wetton tribute tour with Bonilla.
    That might be what Bitches Crystal is from, and some of the other titles were played on that tour, too.

"Professional level cameras will also not be permitted as the performers are finding photographers' movements to be distracting "

The sound quality of some of his releases leads one to suspect that the audio was recorded on a non-"Professional level camera".

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I am kinda surprised to see Wetton included on the set considering all of the legal action from his estate, but could be a real good set.
    Presumably the contractual arrangements for these U-Z/solo tours were clear and not under dispute, unlike the UK shows...?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I wonder if there's material on it which wasn't released before. I mean, a real fan could have bought those Japanese releases very easily; this is not 1980.
    The two releases this would appear to be drawing from are Ultimate Zero Tour - Live and Four Decades. Those releases do not include "Bitches Crystal" or "Forever Until Sunday", so those would appear to be new to this release? Likewise the CalProg show mentioned has never been released, has it?

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    The only thing i need are the two soloalbums LIVE.
    I was thinking the same thing. I notice Four Decades has a few selections from Green and ToS, so at least some of the material *was* played live. Dunno when or where, but it's a shame that those tracks didn't seem to make it onto this (presumably more affordable) release.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I notice Four Decades has a few selections from Green and ToS, so at least some of the material *was* played live. Dunno when or where, but it's a shame that those tracks didn't seem to make it onto this (presumably more affordable) release.
    I got a digital version of Four Decades in the UK through iTunes at a sensible price.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    The two releases this would appear to be drawing from are Ultimate Zero Tour - Live and Four Decades. Those releases do not include "Bitches Crystal" or "Forever Until Sunday", so those would appear to be new to this release? Likewise the CalProg show mentioned has never been released, has it?

Henry
    Forever Until Sunday is the closing track from Four Decades.