Thread: Karfagen - Hunter (single)

Karfagen - Hunter (single)

I've always loved this artist not just because of my affinity for Symphonic Prog but the fact that Karfagen does it so well. The melodies, the arrangements and the performance is spot on. The composition has that intangible that makes it memorable which I think a lot of Prog in-general lacks.

The new single is excellent and I'll have something to say below the link to the YouTube of the song.

Dead center in the song is a segment that could be an outtake from ATTWT or Duke. I don't know how that Tony Banks feel is so perfectly evoked, but it has that same melodic and harmonic quality as well as that exhilarating "extra" that evokes that particular era of Genesis. Really well done.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Pretty much anything Antony Kalugin puts his hands on is auto-buy for me.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Dead center in the song is a segment that could be an outtake from ATTWT or Duke. I don't know how that Tony Banks feel is so perfectly evoked, but it has that same melodic and harmonic quality as well as that exhilarating "extra" that evokes that particular era of Genesis. Really well done.
    Boy, you were sure not kidding! That's like prime Tony Banks right there. I really liked it. Thanks for sharing.

I've got several Karfagen discs, and enjoy all of it. Mr. Kalugin is a very talented guy with a good ear for melody and composition. Maybe nothing that breaks the mold, but he has a sound that stretches in a few different directions under the "symphonic rock" umbrella and is almost always of high quality. I'm always on board for anything he does.

For anyone interested, the part of the song I'm mentioning as Banks-esque starts at 3:23.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.