Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Tim Smith

RIP Tim Smith

I am completely gutted. My nr. 1 musical hero is no more.
    Although I have not yet seen an *official* confirmation of his death, several people of the inner circle already commented on facebook and Cardiacs.net just shows a starry sky who misses his leader.

https://www.cardiacs.net/

Goodbye you beautiful man! Thanks for all the wonderful and completely unique music you gave us.

This is the day i've been dreading for a long, long time, devastated doesn't cover it. Big love to Tim and extended family and Cardiacs fans across the board. Hope Kavus is ok.

What a fucking body of work though...

No...

This is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for his family, friends, and everyone else who's feeling this loss. Tim could never be replaced. I hope he knew how much he was loved.

This one hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Goodbye you beautiful man! Thanks for all the wonderful and completely unique music you gave us.
    You said it better than I could. Thank you.

RIP
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Damn sad day, RIP Tim.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

RIP and thanks for the music.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

This is painful. Sincere condolences to the people who knew him and loved him.

I was so devastated to wake up to this news this morning. Sincerest condolences and best wishes to all.

Ack, fuck, fuck, fuck.

Very sad news today, and tragic that Tim had to suffer so much in the later stage of his life. What a unique, genius warped vision he gave us, and we are left with a catalogue of wonder to sustain us. I feel for Kavus and all those who were close to this inspiring man.

Tim's last dozen years is like something out of a malignant fairy tale; how could something like that actually possibly happen?
    What a sad coda to the life and career of someone who was so filled with humor and joy.
    Last edited by Steve F.; 07-23-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

What a gut punch this is. Sad, sad painful news. Condolences to all who loved him.

So sad to wake up to this news. Farewell Tim.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

This was just posted by Mary on FB:

Good afternoon, everyone.

I hope you are all holding yourselves together. It will be hard but you can do it without denying your grief and without being angry at the world.

Despite the struggles Tim faced over the last 12 years, we all somehow felt he would never leave us. This is, in part, because he looked Death square in the face: with his good and true eye: so many times and won. It was also wishful thinking, though, because we knew the abyss-like hole he would leave in all our lives.

At this time, we are comforted by the fact that he left us quietly, albeit suddenly, and that no monsters got their filthy claws in him while we weren’t looking. When we were looking, they didn’t stand a chance.
    His fans adored him. He changed people for the better. He saved lives. His music was a refuge for those in need and he never locked his door or turned anyone away. I feel as if church bells across the land should be ringing out his name.

We love him fiercely.
    Mary x

Beautiful words. I love him fiercely too.

Oh man. I've never immediately bawled so hard after opening up PE. The world just lost an amazing musical genius, and a beautiful person. I don't even know if I have it in me to play any Cardiacs today...its gonna be rough. Sincerest condolences to all pondies everywhere, Tim's family, and Sir Kavus. Thank you Tim for your incredible music, you have helped me in countless ways and given me joy beyond words.

Oh no! Heaven is the place right now..I'm totally devastated !!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Tremendously sad news. I'm so sorry to read it this morning. RIP Tim, you've earned it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

don't know what to say right now. I don't know how much he was suffering these last few years, in some small way it's almost a relief to know he isn't stuck inside his prison any more. But the man was such a saint and undeniably one of the greatest musicians who ever lived. I'm just devastated. Hope Kavus and everyone else who knew him personally is doing okay.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

No words, my friends.

To anyone on Twitter, please join in my tribute thread to Tim.
    https://twitter.com/Tangento/status/...485206018?s=20
    -----------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
    causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Damn.
    The Prog Corner

So sorry to hear it.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Very sad news. A musical genius.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

RIP Tim. Your music lives on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grim.

RIP Tim.