Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rick Beato plays 9 seconds KC - video gets blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Lorne, apparently somebody is watching those band's catalog rankings though. I wish I had as many viewers for my chats! To be fair, those guys have spent years finding that YT audience. I am a mere upstart.
    People watch them, and that's fine, I'm just never going to be one of them. As for finding an audience, it's a slow process and I had my share of disappointment early on with getting people to read my interviews/reviews - especially when it was for a print magazine. Now that it's online and I can link to it easily, I get lots of traffic, and it's very satisfying. And sometimes you can bang your head against a wall with musicians who simply don't care about press - even when it's good - and they don't make any attempt to share it themselves. Others share it to many thousands of people, like Steve Hackett or Anthony Phillips for just two examples. Guys like that make your job easy as pie.
    Last edited by Sean; 07-22-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I am starting to run into a bit of that. Doing the interview is the best part, but once it's done and turns out to be a good one I do hope it will get shared by them. Sometimes I ask them to add it to their page and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I am starting to run into a bit of that. Doing the interview is the best part, but once it's done and turns out to be a good one I do hope it will get shared by them. Sometimes I ask them to add it to their page and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.
    And it will always be that way, sadly there's not a lot you can do about it. And often it's their management/label people who make those decisions. I did what I thought was a great interview with Pete Trewavas, but Marillion management basically don't share anything outside of maybe PROG magazine. Sometimes the motto is: 'Share nothing, and then we don't have to answer angry questions about why this guy's interview was shared and mine wasn't'. Meanwhile people like Don Airey or Martin Barre or Arjen Lucassen couldn't have been more helpful about getting it out there to be seen.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Video Killed The YouTube Star.

YouTube Killed The Eagles Star.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Sean, I usually watch SOAL after the fact when I can skip around (I rarely have patience to listen for more than half an hour to anything but music). Looking forward to hearing the stuff about the Allmans next time.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The situation with IP is so byzantine and FUBAR that I have no idea what is or isn't fair use anymore.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I did what I thought was a great interview with Pete Trewavas, but Marillion management basically don't share anything outside of maybe PROG magazine..
    Which is ironic since they're the band the hates the "Prog" label.
    Chad